Travel Gold Coast to Shenzhen airport

Travel Gold Coast to Shenzhen airport

I have a flight out of Shenzhen airport next week at 8am, so I need to get there pretty early. I'm quite happy with the bus info now, but I think I need the FASTEST route from the Gold Coast.

Am I right in thinking a taxi from home to the border; then another from border to the airport is the quickest?

Which border crossing makes most sense? I have used Shenzhen Bay Port before, because it is close to Tuen Mun, but which is best (fastest) for the airport? Any advice much appreciated - I like sleeping !!!

Secondary question (as well as a bump) - what times are traffic bad? Will it be busy around 6:3am- 7am?

I've done many of early and late flights out of SZ airport. The traffic is never predictable and can be absolutely horrid at times. Give yourself at least 3 hours MINIMUM to get there.

Suggestion : Go the night before and stay at a cheap hotel on the other side of the border.

HC

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I've done many of early and late flights out of SZ airport. The traffic is never predictable and can be absolutely horrid at times. Give yourself at least 3 hours MINIMUM to get there.

Suggestion : Go the night before and stay at a cheap hotel on the other side of the border.

HC
    Aggh! Three hours! I was thinking a max of 1.5 .. maybe 1 .... (for travel) plus an hour for checkin.... you reckon it's really that bad?

Going to Shenzhen airport I usually use the Shenzhen Bay crossing now and the direct bus services from Kowloon / Wanchai using that crossing. If you are lucky the whole journey from Kowloon takes only 75 minutes.

From the Gold Coast, I'd still use the Shenzhen Bay crossing - immigration is usually very quick there and it is all under one roof. On the other side I presume you can get a taxi to the airport. I think the Shenzhen Bay border opens at 06:30, so would aim to get there then to get to the airport in time for an 8am flight.

I agree. You better spend the night in Shenzhen, then take the airport bus or a taxi to the airport. You should arrive at the airport no later than 7am for your 8am flight.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Going to Shenzhen airport I usually use the Shenzhen Bay crossing now and the direct bus services from Kowloon / Wanchai using that crossing. If you are lucky the whole journey from Kowloon takes only 75 minutes.

From the Gold Coast, I'd still use the Shenzhen Bay crossing - immigration is usually very quick there and it is all under one roof. On the other side I presume you can get a taxi to the airport. I think the Shenzhen Bay border opens at 06:30, so would aim to get there then to get to the airport in time for an 8am flight.
    OK that's interesting - I hadn't realised it might not be open any earlier! Sounds like my original plan - taxi to Shenzhen Bay border then taxi on other side to the airport should work. Can I get a taxi all the way over the bridge, do you know?