How do I drive to Sai Kung?

Closed Thread

How do I drive to Sai Kung?

We're thinking of trying out restaurants close to the Sai Kung Pier. We're tried taking the bus there once and would like to try driving this time. Can anyone give us some driving directions? Is parking hard to come by?

Thanks a lot,
    Kat

Thanks a lot, Paul!

Kat

If you have not driven there before then I would suggest the easiest route which you really have to try to get wrong is as follows:

1. Take Eastern Tunnel
    2. Stick to left on exit of tunnel - DON'T GET ON HIGHWAY and go UP to the roundabout - take the next exit off the roundabout which takes you back down the side of the highway and then stick to the right when the road forks to go to the Tseung Kwan O tunnel.

After the Tseung Kwan O tunnel take the first big roundabout and turn left following signs to Hang Hau and Sai Kung then turn right at the next roundabout and thereafter driving almost straight and occasionally left at various roundabouts all of which are signposted to sai kung.

You can't really end up anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingchair:
    If you have not driven there before then I would suggest the easiest route which you really have to try to get wrong is as follows:

1. Take Eastern Tunnel
    2. Stick to left on exit of tunnel - DON'T GET ON HIGHWAY and go UP to the roundabout - take the next exit off the roundabout which takes you back down the side of the highway and then stick to the right when the road forks to go to the Tseung Kwan O tunnel.

After the Tseung Kwan O tunnel take the first big roundabout and turn left following signs to Hang Hau and Sai Kung then turn right at the next roundabout and thereafter driving almost straight and occasionally left at various roundabouts all of which are signposted to sai kung.

You can't really end up anywhere else.
    Beware: This only works if you are driving from HK side!!

Lots of signs if you drive in the Diamond Hill and Choi Hung area. Just look for the road signs pointing the way. Minibus goes right from Choi Hung MTR as well.

Ummm guys she asked this over three years ago.

I'm sure she's found it by now!

Someone else may need these tips, since it was just replied to might as well reply again and make sure it is clear. I don't think age is a factor in the post, it is how helpful it is to future people.

Jimbo,

I didn't realise! It actually came up in the "In the forums" section on the right of the screen the other day so I assumed it was a new post! Maybe some software bugs there somewhere on the site!