Sai Kung to Airport

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sai Kung to Airport

Hi,
    I'm going to be living in Sai Kung and travelling to the airport each day (Cathay City). Does anyone know if there is parking there (if so I will get a car) or the best way to travel via public transport?

Many thanks!

one route is 792M from Sai Kung Bus Term. to Tiu Keng Leng, then E22A to Cathay City, but this would be torturous every day I think...we do the second half to get out of town once in a while and I can't imaging doing it continuously...i would get a car or try to carpool if possible...

http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/routes/rou...rchange=000032

In Sai Kung it depends on the specific property you rent/buy. I'm sure there must be parking at Cathay City.

By public transport the commute would be well over an hour I guess. Minibus to Choi Hung then E22 bus would be one way. But painful every day unless you sleep well on buses!

Umm, there's a parking garage in Sai Kung Town if that's what you meant.

Quickest public transport route I have found would be Mongkok minibus and then chnage either to MTR or airport bus from Mongkok - can't remember bus number (possibly A22) but can catch outside the California fitness gym on the main rd there.

or you could try to car pool.... there are a lot of pilots etc that live in sai kung...

You could try the A41P from Ma On Shan to Airport. Several stops in/around Ma On Shan and it cost $25 to airport.
    In theory you could get 99/299 bus from Sai Kung and then A41P, would cost you less that $40 one way.

I hate to say this, but I'd drive or car pool as suggested above. Sai Kung is a really bugger to get to/from the airport on public transport ! I'd not live there and work at the airport without a car..... (I travel frequently and live in the Gold Coast, chosen because of it's proximity and frequent 30 min only airport bus!).

Thanks for the advice everyone! Looks like I'll get a car to give me a bit more flexibility.

The A41P is super easy. My g/f takes it to work at airport and home everyday from SK. Cheap and pretty fast.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast