Like Tree6Likes

new neighbours noisey dogs..

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

well - they have stopped making so much noise early in the mornings and it seems like they are keeping one or 2 indoors at night

But a new problem is wafting my way..

this caused me to poke my head out over the balconey - and there appears to be 10-15 turds crusting away.,, some look more than a day or 2 old...

also when I come in my front door i can smell they are "washing" the urine onto the public path at the side of the house ( it's not directed at me )

but it stinks!!!!

poo and Pee... this is totally unacceptable - people have a right to keep pets - but this is encroaching on my rights I feel

what may I do STRONGLY in the bounds of the law...

I dont have a car so dont feel particularly vunerable,,,

who do I call ?

as someone who has a LOT of dogs at her home, i can totally sympathise with you. there is nothing worse than the smell of their waste. i would call the Environmental Protection department.

we have a neighbour who has 2 dogs, we have had to on numerous occasions ask them to clean up after them. it's nothing short of disgusting. it has meant that we can no longer use our front garden because of the smell from their back garden (we share the "fence" and they are directly in front of us).

audiot likes this.

You may draw comfort from the fact that I have it worse! I live in a village whereby almost everyone own a goddamned dog. One bark sets off a chain reaction causing all mangy curs in the immediate area to go berserk.

I have lost track of the times i was rudely awaken in the wee hours of the morning by the incessant yapping of these hideous hounds.

Nothing really works, as a poster said, even after confronting the owners there is often little they can do if the mutts want to yelp ceaselessly.

If you ever do find a solution, please tell me.

CNY is almost here, you can buy thumb sized fire crackers that sound like a 357 magnum going off at close range, in Shenzhen. Now is the time to stock up.

When dogs bark, lob a fire cracker off in their general direction, allow the sound to reverberate around the houses. Do this in a ninja anonymous way, try not to get caught, as it will fuel a village war, if you do lol.
    After the barking dogs experience the first BANG, they should shut up, when the dogs start barking again, lob another fire cracker in their direction, to reinforce the association. Build up a bark/bang association, and the dogs will be reprogrammed, not to bark. 100% effective, I did it in Sai Kung and it worked a treat. Never had a problem after my bout of 4am barking dogs, from then on.

Last edited by Skyhook; 29-01-2010 at 07:54 PM.
    elle likes this.

haha! hilarious- you are hired- I can provide boot polish and a couple of pairs of stockings.... bring your own bangers!

but seriously nothing can be done I suppose about barking - but irresponsible owners are accountable - on health issues?

I will look up the EPA cara thank you! - dont suppose you had dealings or a name/number..

I wish people would learn to literally not let shit pile up in their own backyard!!!

sorry, i don't have their number... but i'm sure it would be easy enough to google.

good luck!

only 5 dogs?

I arrived home from a business trip to find my lovely new neighbor and his 6 large dogs.

All the OP thoughts are the same as mine.

It was funny that today the guy came and banged on my door, did not introduce himself, just told me he had a problem with his antenna on my private roof, could a repairman come later.

I was thinking real bummer not being comfortable in your own home with no telly.

When the repairman arrived, I was busy and could not hear the knock at the door.

Would prefer to be a good neighbor, so I will be sure to take his antenna downstairs to him before I go out of town tomorrow ;-)

got to laugh - because actually we miscounted!

snap! yes 6 of them here...

I did go and wake him up at 6 am when his dogs woke me up.. one good turn deserves another - and since he has no respect for our peace and quiet I suggest you get a real loud stereo with subwoofer,, should drown out the beasts

should the police ever turn up - I shall refer to the noise ordinance too - which states that no person should keep a an animal that disturbs others..

theres nothing like looking at 6 steaming turds from your balconey - and the smell of piss some days is annoying!

count your self lucky tho - there's a lady down the road with 8 yappers!!!

ecwchina likes this.

6 dogs in a 700 sf village house apartment? At what point does it become hoarding?

ecwchina likes this.

1 year later - Phew they moved out!

I guess he didnt like me doing aerobics in my front room!! I got this idea from the elephants who lived upstairs from me - ( also moved out! )

I was starting to actually train his dogs, I bought a pump action Water Pistol (99$ ToysRus) - has a range of at least 5 meters,,,

any barking they got squirted - after a week of relentless wetting they did seem more reluctant to disturb me...

Skyhook and bibingai like this.