Hello. We are from California and shall be staying aboard our friend's yacht at Hebe Haven Yacht Club for the month of February. We are looking for helpful thoughts. I have been to HK a few times, but not for the past ten years. So my questions are:
1) How can we get from the airport to the yacht club about 11:30 or midnight on Saturday night February 6th?
2) What is the easiest way to get to anywhere from Sai Kung?
3) We would love an opportunity to meet some expats, etc. Any especially easy way to do this? We'll plan to eat aboard our boat, but like local folks will certainly look to enjoy some small scale and upper end restaurants.
4) I may be looking for some nautical antiques that don't cost a fortune. Any suggestions as to where to find same would be appreciated. We'll plan to do many of the good things going on, but if there is something unique or seasonal to enjoy we would love to know. Hope to crew with some folks for the Kowloon Cup in February.
5) We anticipate doing some sailing and enjoying folks at the yacht club, but would like to be able to come and go to beautiful downtown Sai Kung. If we choose to rent bicycles or such is there an easy way to do so? Is it safe to ride bikes in the area?
6) If we go into China itself what is the most logical way to do so? Is it possible or practical to rent a car? Are the trains reasonable, say to Shanghai?
Thanks you very much.