The Spider man building when driving into Sai Kung

Closed Thread

The Spider man building when driving into Sai Kung

Everyday I pass a building in Marina Cove on my way to work. It has a statue of spider man hanging on the wall. It also has a sign about Red Wine.

Does anyone know what this building is?

Curious,

Thanks,

It is intriguing, isn't it?! I was in there a few years ago and it has just as interesting a collection of 'stuff' inside. At the time, they were selling "antique'/used furniture (mostly European) in a very cramped indoor space and bonsai plants which were scattered around the property inside and out (there is/was a swimming pool in the back as well as an old tram car)!! I have tried to peek over the wall as I drive by but haven't been able to see if that tram car is still there.

Since the person that was there at the time I visited didn't speak English - I never did find out what the "Red Wine Zone" sign or the spiderman motif were in aid of. Am still curious!

Judy at Explore SK

must say that BOTH my kids LOVE when i drive past that spiderman... even my 3 year old has pointed it out to me every time i've gone past since she was 18 months!

I was there once a few years back and they had a defunct Lamborghini Countach in the driveway. Sometimes I saw them have open house with stuff to sell. Looks a bit like the home of the Addams Family.

Spidy will be history very soon, as those buildings will be demolished, to make way for the widening of Hirams Highway.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Spidy will be history very soon, as those buildings will be demolished, to make way for the widening of Hirams Highway.
    Its still there, right? Any idea when they will start construction (if ever)?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Its still there, right? Any idea when they will start construction (if ever)?
    As of last Sunday, it was. No signs of construction (er, destruction) yet... I always gaze over at that building when I drive into Sai Kung, but have never been curious enough to actually park up, get out and look!