Another language exchange post

Another language exchange post

Hi there,

I’m a native English speaker from the States (overseas Chinese) hoping to learn Cantonese during my stay in Hong Kong. I’ve signed up for Cantonese classes at a language school, and the lessons are helpful, but I can definitely use some extra practice/lessons. In exchange, I’d be happy to teach English (conversation, grammar, etc.). Hope to hear from you.

Ray

Hi Ray,

I'm a native Cantonese Speaker. I was just back from Canada and I wanna meet someone who can talk to me in English in HK cuz my English become worse and worse... So, if you are interested, email me: [email protected]

Regards,
    Venus

Cool Cantonese here!!!

Hi Ray,

You wanna practice Cantonese?
    Ahha~you can practice it with me..remember? I'm local here!
    (If you wanna learn, I can also speak quite fluent mandarin )
    I want to practice English!!
    (that's also one of the reasons why I joined GEO!! )

MSN me or call me to chat if you want to!
    Later(maybe in June), I may arrange a language exchange gathering between "Cantonese/Mandarin and English"!!
    So, you can join us later for the gathering!

Last edited by Vivian Lam; 30-05-2006 at 09:11 AM.

Hey Vivian!

Of course I look forward to future language exchange gatherings! We’ll all have a chance to become completely fluent in various languages.

My Cantonese is still in the beginning stages, but I’m learning many new words in class. Maybe I’ll actually be able to have a basic conversation in Cantonese one of these days? Then the people at local restaurants won’t give me such confused looks when I try to order food. Somewhat amusing story: when I first arrived in HK, I ordered a dish at a restaurant and asked the waitress not to make it too spicy. The dish arrived, and it was very very spicy!

Anyway, let’s talk again soon! The language exchange gathering sounds like fun.

Ray