Language exchange-Portuguese-mandarin

Talking Language exchange-Portuguese-mandarin

Hello everybody, I'm brazilian but now i'm living in Hong Kong, then i would like to learn mandarin and improve my english, and i would appreciate to make a new friends in Hong Kong.
    Alessandra.

do you prefer a local who can teach you cantonese??

Hello Clarence

hello Clarence, i would like to learn mandarin fisrt, because i think that cantonese is more difficult...
    Do you want to learn portuguese?

cheers

]do you prefer a local who can teach you cantonese??[/QUOTE]

My pronounciation of Madarin(actually should be Putonghua) is not good......so i can't teach you..

really sorry!!

but if you want to learn some Cantonese for daily use, i can help you!!

actually....Madarin means the northern language is chinese, after China decided to use Madarin instead of Cantonese as the Official language...

(it's sad for Cantonese coz it lost only 1 vote to Madarin on that decision making.... )

Then Chinese Government standarised the pronouciation of all the words and confirmed this official language is Putonghua........

Really? Cantonese lost out by 1 vote? Is there an English source for this because I'd really like to learn more about Chinese Linguistic History.

Thanks in Advance!

yes...

the background........

Sun Yat-sen the "Father of Modern China"
    The president of China....in 1911

At that time Southern China is developed and civilized, while Northern China is still under developed.

Cantonese is a well-developed language, more complex structure w/ 9-tones, while Madarin has only 4-tone but not really good compare with Cantonese.

Mr. Sun speaks Cantonese and over half of people in governement parliament speaks Cantonese.

However, Mr. Sun wants to unify the southern and northern part as soon as possible and he canvass the parliament to vote Madarin. As a result Madarin won 1 more vote............

Putonghua is the standarised Madarin.....

Our country successfully unified...but China lost the best Language...............the best cultural.....

and for us...we have to "down-grade" and learn Putonghua....force ourself to dump our southern culture.........and clearly Cantonese won't be used after 100yrs............