Like Tree2Likes

Which place in HK is best for currency exchange?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by freeier
    yahoo is right. current market rate HKD->KRW is at 1HKD to 143KRW.
    bank is right as well they make that 10KRW off you for spread.

hit the berlin quote.
    It seems odd of whack but they work in a dynamic market situation unlike the ones with the tote boards on the street level kiosks which change irregularly.

I recall one day 3 years or so ago the Canadian dollar was moving up towards 1 - HK8 and I arrived at Berlin only to see a bunch of folks standing on the side not in line. My friend asked what the line was and this guy said he thought they were like him - watching the Canadian dollar creep up a bit more and then sell their cash. I was happy and got my HK dollars and later saw I missed a bit but then again that makes a difference only if it is a large sum. I think it hit 8 that day but I lost so little it was no big deal.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I went to the place hongkong7 suggested below just today and their rates are extremely competitive. Went to exchange HKD for Singaporean dollars -- they sold it to me at an exchange rate of 6.11 when the market is currently at 6.10! I took a casual look around at random street vendors and almost all of them were offering an exchange rate of 6.33. I also noted their exchange rate for the US dollar is 7.7694, which is very close to what my bank (Citibank) offers me.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7
    Best rate rmb/hkd i have been able to find is upstairs on first floor of the mall on Sugar st Causeway Bay opposite lok sing centre

they advertise the rate on a sign board at the bottom of the stairs

be careful the other numerous agencies in cwb -they are almost always crap rates

the sugar street mall changer has always given me a better rate than even the smaller changers in shenzen

Bryan L... look in this thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2