Mandarin, Cantonese and English Group Exchange in Central or Sheung Wan

Closed Thread

Mandarin, Cantonese and English Group Exchange in Central or Sheung Wan

Hi there! This group is for people who are either English Native speaker or Chinese Native speaker (Cantonese and Mandarin), hoping to meet new friends and do language exchange. We want to set up this group because we are serious about language exchange and want to make sure regular practices.

The top benefits of joining a group include:
    1. No worry about your only partner can't show up since there're a group of people agree to meet regularly.
    2. Talking with different people---more fun, more diversity, more topics and more friends.

Details:
    1. How to join? We will try to pair our group members by needs. So please send email to [email protected] with following information: You native language, the language your want to practice, preferred time (weekends or weeknights) and frequency (once or twice per week). (with some self-intro will be great)
    2. Where to meet? Only at cafes or bars near Central and Sheung Wan now.
    3. When to meet? One or twice per week, two hours/meet for weeknights, two or more hours for weekends (quite flexible). You can choose weeknights or Weekends.
    4. How's a talk like? One to one talk; half an hour/talk and then switch partner.

Please note:
    1. First come first serve. We currently target to accept no more than six pairs since a bigger group might cost too much effort to find meeting place, etc.
    2. Two pairs will start to meet from next week. You can join us immediately after getting our invitation. So take action to send email to [email protected] now!!!

Expectations for members:
    1. Being serious about improving language proficiency.
    2. Time commitment (A. Attendance: no more than one missing per month. This is for everyone's interest. B. Be on time. )

Cheers~

More than 8 contacted me so far. Let's expect the first group meet soon.

Five ppl met last Sunday in SOHO. That's over the top! Let's meet again soon!
    Our group is still open for new members. Send me an email if you're interested in.

Hi everyone,
    It's very nice to meet you in person or via email in the past a few days. I'd like to thank you for your interest in the language exchange group I initiated.
    Some of us have already met once or more. Let's expect more regular meets in 2011 to improve our language proficiency.

To kick off our plan of 2011, let's get together sometimes in early Jan. Please find an available time for you as below and let me know which one you'd like to join (email address[email protected]).
    1. Jan 1, free talk with Happy Hour drinks in SOHO, 4m-8m
    2. Jan 6, formal practice at Starbucks in Shun Tak Center, Sheung Wan, 7m-10m

If neither is good for you, please feel free to let me know if you're still interested in joining the group talk in the future.

Merry X'mas!