Learning Mandarin

Closed Thread

Learning Mandarin

Hi I'm Australian and have been working here for half a year.
    I know some basic mandarin and would like to improve quickly, mainly conversational skills, but writing as well. Hoping to have a lesson a week and then pick up the pace from June. If someone could suggest some useful courses / teachers, or just general advice, etc that would be fantastic!

Cheers,
    Justin
    [email protected]

What I have done is started with a young college student who is working with me once a week in Sheung Wan.

He is very good and has taken his course for Canto speakers to learn Mandarin and focused it on the gweilo.

The upside for me is it is easy to schedule and it is one on one. The downside is he can't make me do my homework where if have a class you 're afraid not to.

But overall this works for me. He is a very good teacher but not a pro yet so he has no credentials but a good teaching manner and patience as my pronunciation sucks.

Try Berlitz - it costs a little money but it works

I used Berlitz before I moved here six months ago in the US. They have an office in Central and offer Mandarin. It's working for me. The focus is on speaking and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin2010:
    Hi I'm Australian and have been working here for half a year.
    I know some basic mandarin and would like to improve quickly, mainly conversational skills, but writing as well. Hoping to have a lesson a week and then pick up the pace from June. If someone could suggest some useful courses / teachers, or just general advice, etc that would be fantastic!

Cheers,
    Justin
    [email protected]

How do you dou. I am Deng. I am a native speaker of putonghua and Cantonese. I was born in Guangzhou and my mother is a putonghua-speaker. These are the reasons why I am a native speaker of both languages. I am working, as an associate teacher in a secondary school, in Hong Kong and looking for a native English speaker to improve my speaking.

Thanks,

Deng

If you wanna learn mandarin, i can teach you through internet

Dear all , I am also looking to learn madarin. if any can guide me or advice me any good teacher in weekends . I shall highly appreciate.

regards
    sukhvinder