G'day mates,
I am new to this forum but have been enjoying reading different posts across different categories.

Here is my intro: Technically, I am an Aussie (by naturalisation) who holds an Aussie passport. But I wouldn't consider myself as an expat. I was born and grew up in HK but left everything behind for Oz in my mid 20s. I had then lived and worked in Oz for a decade but returned to HK about 2 yrs ago.

I can still clearly remember how hard it was for me to survive in Oz when I first went over there; I didn't have a friend over there or I knew the language. Honestly, it took me almost a good year to settle in (by briefly picking up the language/accent, learning the Aussie culture and values etc). As I progressed, I grew up, made friends, developed and expanded my skills and knowledge etc. I then really enjoyed my life in Oz and called it home. So, having read most of the posts here, I decide to write this post to offer something to (try to) help those expats who may experience culture shock or nostalgia or simply want to learn Cantonese or local culture/values or to make friends etc.

I practised as a para-professional interpreter (Canto<--> English) in Oz, 37yo, a guy, live in NT. I am happy to travel to Kowloon/HK side once a fortnight or so? I can share the language (Canto) as well as the local culture/knowledge etc. If not, I am also happy to make some new friends over coffee/stubbies.

PM me if it interests you.
Cheers