Like Tree8Likes

Any British accent?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Did you see that ludicrous display last night? (The IT crowd)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWJIQm9qH-w
    What accent is that? Some London accent?

Quote Originally Posted by BOBOHO:
    I perfer London accent

:P

Sent from my IPHONE 6
    Last edited by pizzalover; 05-08-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Yes. A 10 month old daughter.
    That's lovely :P Congra!!! :P She can be a model in the future :P AngelaJoeJoe ^.^

I grew up in HK and went to an international then ESF school. When I moved to London 11 years ago, everyone thought I was Canadian because I had a north american accent and am able to speak French (my mum is French so French is my first language). After being there for so long, I've picked up more of a British accent but it still retains some "twang" to it.
    Most people in London cannot place it and I've been suggested to come from the randomest places: Ireland, Scotland, Australia...

The average Brit cannot comprehend how someone can look ethnically Chinese speaks English with a London/american accent and doesn't speak Chinese but speaks fluent French.

It still amazes me that even with the great cultural diversity in the world nowadays, people still cannot fathom how one can look Chinese yet be of European mentality/upbringing.

I tried to explain the "Banana" concept to my London mates once and it was totally lost on them LOL
    For those who don't know, a Banana is someone who is yellow on the outside but white on the inside. The opposite would be an egg

WMDS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    You forgot the totally easy-to-follow Glaswegian...!

Now that is what I'm talking about!

I love IT crowd. Moss sounds like Cockney, the other guy Roy sounds Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by kaylasilver:
    I grew up in HK and went to an international then ESF school. When I moved to London 11 years ago, everyone thought I was Canadian because I had a north american accent and am able to speak French (my mum is French so French is my first language). After being there for so long, I've picked up more of a British accent but it still retains some "twang" to it.
    Most people in London cannot place it and I've been suggested to come from the randomest places: Ireland, Scotland, Australia...

The average Brit cannot comprehend how someone can look ethnically Chinese speaks English with a London/american accent and doesn't speak Chinese but speaks fluent French.

It still amazes me that even with the great cultural diversity in the world nowadays, people still cannot fathom how one can look Chinese yet be of European mentality/upbringing.

I tried to explain the "Banana" concept to my London mates once and it was totally lost on them LOL
    For those who don't know, a Banana is someone who is yellow on the outside but white on the inside. The opposite would be an egg
    Since ur mom is french so are u mix??

Quote Originally Posted by BOBOHO:
    Since ur mom is french so are u mix??
    Yes, my mum is French and my dad is Chinese but from Mauritius, a small island in the indian ocean where they also speak French and Creole.

Boboho seems slightly obsessed with 'mixes'!

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Boboho seems slightly obsessed with 'mixes'!
    And rightly so!! "Mixes" are the future

Give it a few thousand years and everyone will be mixed and perhaps there will be less war.

BOBOHO likes this.