Mandarin classes

Closed Thread

Mandarin classes

Hi Folks,

I would like to join classes to learn Mandarin and get some sort of certificate that is recognise on a professional level.

I'm not looking for a degree and 4 years of evening studies tough!!

Is there any organisation I could join around Causeway Bay, Central? Has anyone been through it or is going through it?

Cheers

Get pimsleur mandarin audio. It works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaemis:
    Hi Folks,

I would like to join classes to learn Mandarin and get some sort of certificate that is recognise on a professional level.
    What's the use of a certificate? It's either you can speak and understand Mandarin, or you can't. It is not like other certifications where you can fudge your way around.

Yeah, unless you want to be in a profession (or study where the medium of education is Mandarin) where your language skills are the primary requirement you dont really need a cert. You are good or you are not.

Quote Originally Posted by ewankho:
    What's the use of a certificate? It's either you can speak and understand Mandarin, or you can't. It is not like other certifications where you can fudge your way around.
    Fudge my way... How do you do that with languages?!?
    Certificates are something you can mention in a CV if you decide to learn Mandarin properly and use it on a daily basis in a job. It's also a negociation tool when it comes to selling yourself in a job interview. But it has to be a recognised certificate. No fudging around Ewankho...