My ENGLISH (or Bengali or French) :)

Closed Thread

My ENGLISH (or Bengali or French) :)

Hello there! I'm offering to teach English, Bengali or basic French. I've spoken English and Bengali for pretty much all my life, so I suppose I wouldn't have any problem teaching those two languages at any level. I've also taken my IGCSEs in the two languages, so if anyone wants specific exam preparation, I'd be more than happy to help! I also have basic french in grasp, so I can teach that as well (I have a DELF-A2). I can teach by meeting up at a convenient public place. If you're interested, message me

DEFL Study material

Hi,

I was thinking of taking my DEFL- A1 this October. Could you recommend some good books/study/material or website for the same.

I know a little spoken french as I lived in France for a few months. Unfortunately, I don't have time to take classes and must depend on self-study for the first two levels at least.

Thanks.

Bonjour!

You may like to try the Taxi books for DELF A1 (if you aren't already), and Tricolore Book 1 and 2. What I found while taking my DELF A1, though, was that regular immersion helped a lot more than a particular academic resource. Try to read magazine articles in French (it's okay if you don't understand 80% of it!), speak little bits, write little paragraphs and get them checked off the translator on leconjugeur.com, listen to French songs and watch a few French films. The CIEP website also has practice papers which you may want to look at right before the exam.

Hope that helps!

Salut,
    Thanks for the information & advice. I'll try the same, as you say fluency really comes from non-academic sources. Let's see how it goes.
    On an another note, I am taking my HSK's this October. Are you learning Mandarin or Cantonese too? If yes, it would be nice to compare notes and pace ourselves with the language studies.
    Merçi.

Quote Originally Posted by Proddicles:
    Hello there! I'm offering to teach English, Bengali or basic French. I've spoken English and Bengali for pretty much all my life, so I suppose I wouldn't have any problem teaching those two languages at any level. I've also taken my IGCSEs in the two languages, so if anyone wants specific exam preparation, I'd be more than happy to help! I also have basic french in grasp, so I can teach that as well (I have a DELF-A2). I can teach by meeting up at a convenient public place. If you're interested, message me

Hi I'm interested in bengali lessons. Could you let me know your contact number. Regards