Business Mandarin Conversation Group

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Business Mandarin Conversation Group

Hey guys, I'm a native Chinese (Mandarin) speaker but have spent most of my time abroad. I'm thinking of setting up a business Mandarin conversation group. If any one is interested, please let me have a show of hands and I'll see if I could start a group next Sunday (25 March). I used to charge my students tuition fees, but since my lifestyle and working hours are different these days I'm offering free Mandarin conversations classes for a while. Come and see if it works both ways, and we can go from there. Cheers.

hey there. im interested in practising mandarin, but im wondrring what you mean by "business" group. would the group be discussing businese related topics or...?
    cheers

mainly business related topics, yes.

Hi there
    I am very interested!! But my knowledge of Chinese are BASIC. Could that clash? What levels are you teaching?
    I really need it for my work

i'm up for this.
    Native english and conversational mandarin, have worked at an ibank overseas. I definitely need to practice my mandarin business speak.
    PM me any meet details if you want.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by fresher11:
    Hey guys, I'm a native Chinese (Mandarin) speaker but have spent most of my time abroad. I'm thinking of setting up a business Mandarin conversation group. If any one is interested, please let me have a show of hands and I'll see if I could start a group next Sunday (25 March). I used to charge my students tuition fees, but since my lifestyle and working hours are different these days I'm offering free Mandarin conversations classes for a while. Come and see if it works both ways, and we can go from there. Cheers.
    what will the grace period be before you charge tuition?

obviously this group will be a taster before you start charging for services, or do you mean something else by "come and see if it works both ways, and we can go from there."?

Not in HK for a couple of weeks, but might be interested after that.

I think I'll try it out first and see if I want to participate regularly since I'm not a big business person.
    This Sunday is fine for me depending on the time. Waiting for updates.

Hi guys,

Thank you for the responses.

Re grace period, I am really not fussy about when and how long it will be. If the general feedback is that I am doing a great job and everyone is learning from their experiences, then I will start charging fees from maybe a month later. If people are feeling they are not getting the most out of an hour or two of learning, then I will delay the grace period.

Re level, pretty much everything starting from talking about the type of job you are doing to reading the headlines or details of a newspaper in Chinese.

Re details of place and time, what about Starbucks in Central Landmark at 3pm this Sunday 25 March:
    Alexandra House
    Shop 201, 2/F, Alexandra House,16-20 Chater Road
    tel: 2526 1839

looking forward to your replies.

cheers

i'm interested..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast