Like Tree6Likes

Native American english wanted

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

how about British..

With all the replies and comments, I wonder if the OP has found someone yet...

Quote Originally Posted by ca1304:
    With all the replies and comments, I wonder if the OP has found someone yet...
    sadly, not yet...
    wanted!!!

I found this amusing: The other day I was speaking to a colleague from mainland China who had recently spent three years studying in the United States. But because I was known in the office to have certain UK connections (having spent the last 15 years there) this colleague had thought/assumed that I was English. I was shocked that this colleague, after having been literally surrounded by American accents for three years, did not even notice my complete lack of any sort of English accent.

So, Brits, feel free to jump in on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lootoo:
    I found this amusing: The other day I was speaking to a colleague from mainland China who had recently spent three years studying in the United States. But because I was known in the office to have certain UK connections (having spent the last 15 years there) this colleague had thought/assumed that I was English. I was shocked that this colleague, after having been literally surrounded by American accents for three years, did not even notice my complete lack of any sort of English accent.

So, Brits, feel free to jump in on this one!
    Haha, that's interesting, maybe he was in Boston and you are from Belfast.

Just to add my tuppenceworth...

IMO there are few things more annoying than a fabricated accent (American, British etc.), you should let your accent develop naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Just to add my tuppenceworth...

IMO there are few things more annoying than a fabricated accent (American, British etc.), you should let your accent develop naturally.
    Even for Singaporeans?