My Mandarin/Cantonese for your American Accent

Closed Thread

My Mandarin/Cantonese for your American Accent

Hi there, I have been taking an American accent training course for a while and would like to meet someone from the States to practice from time to time, getting myself ready for relocating to San Francisco next year. We can meet over lunch/dinner, or a relaxing hiking/recreation activities if that's your style.
    Me myself is a native speaker of both Mandarin and Cantonese, and I am a Chinese as a second/foreign language instructor here in Hong Kong. I will be happy to help with whatever you want to learn.
    So drop me a line if you are interested. Thanks!

Which American accent are you interested in? There are at least 4 distinct accents in the US...the northern/Midwestern (similar to Canadian ), the Bostonian (very distinct), the southern, and than the general news anchor accent.....the Denver or no accent.

Honestly, if you are moving to San Francisco it doesn't really matter what your accent is. San Francisco is just about the most multicultural city on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Which American accent are you interested in? There are at least 4 distinct accents in the US...the northern/Midwestern (similar to Canadian ), the Bostonian (very distinct), the southern, and than the general news anchor accent.....the Denver or no accent.

Honestly, if you are moving to San Francisco it doesn't really matter what your accent is. San Francisco is just about the most multicultural city on the planet.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Northern/Midwestern should be easier for me, but I am always interested in doing the southern drawl, and the howdy, lol... It doesn't really matter I guess... It's not just for work, also a personal interest. So as long as you are open for a good conversation and exchange of thoughts, that's good enough for me!