Tour Guide service in exchange for Language exchange and much more

Tour Guide service in exchange for Language exchange and much more

I'm trying to plan a visit to HK for Christmas and maybe New Years.

I hoping to find somebody that will want to act as tour guide.

I like to see as much a KH as possible. I would also like to see as many Christmas related activities available in HK as well. For example, when I spent Christmas in Shanghai, I attended the Nutcracker Ballet with my tour guide.

I hoping the tour can be friendly, pleasant, and talkative. I hope the tour guide can have many meals with me including Christmas Eve dinner which can typically cost over $100 USD. So I hope these meals can be pleasant experiences.

Benefits:
    - I will pay for activities
    - I will pay for all food
    - I will provide a lot of English training

Extra benefit:
    - If we build a friendship and you should every travel to Beijing, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley I will be glad to show you around and help you in whatever way I can.

About me:
    - American who has been living and working Beijing for over 6 years
    - I work as a Computer Engineer
    - I'm well educated, well read, well informed, and have knowledge many areas include art, history, science, etc
    - My Mandarin is not too good and will not likely get me very far in HK

BTW, if you know of a better place for me to place this advertisement, please let me know.

Cantonese is the main language in Hong Kong, rather than Mandarin. English is widely spoken. It is easy to get around without a guide if nobody responses to your 'advert'.

I'd volunteer to be your tour guide, except, I am not a local hong konger, came back from canada several months ago..So I am not familiar with any special Christmas events and such. Maybe you can try posting this in the "English speakers meet up" thread? I am positive some people from the group speaks Cantonese as well : )

There are some events for celebration of Christmas in Hong Kong, you may have a look on the following website:
    http://www.discoverhongkong.com/nz/s...inter-fest.jsp