Your Mandarin/Cantonese for English - London accent

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

i'm edward how do you do? I'm living near Fortress Hill, speak Cantonese as first language, fluent Mandarin and decent English. I'm a journalist working in a local newspaper. See if you're interested to meet up for language exchange.

Can you explain in details what you mean by London accent? I thought the educated in London and elsewhere in the country spoke Queen's English. And people who claim they speak English with a London accent are either illiterate or scrubbers who do not know what they are talking about. The little flower girl in My Fair Lady spoke with a London accent, Indians in Southall speak with their own London accent, and in Chinatown they also have "cheep "cheep plice for you" London accent. So where are you from my friend and where did you learn your bad accents? People from the north of China who come to Hong Kong have an accent. What is yours.

May I implore unsuspecting people here not to be fooled by people who claim they speak with London accent (the same with New York accent) because they do not know what they are talking about.

I apologise if I offend anyone here, but I do not like to see people duped by some illiterate!