Looking for language exchange buddies - my American English for your Japanese or French

Closed Thread

Looking for language exchange buddies - my American English for your Japanese or French

I'm a semi-retired female native English speaker (of Chinese descent and from North America) looking for language exchange buddies who are either native Japanese or French speakers. I studied French and Japanese in college (many moons ago) and would like to pick up these languages again as I have more free time on my hands these days.

We can shoot the breeze over a cup of coffee or while going for a leisurely walk around town on a weekday or weekend morning or early afternoon. I'm open to suggestions. Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll give you more info about me.

Stay safe and sane, everyone!

Hi Sheltie

I'm not sure how well our French ambitions are aligned, but I was learning at Alliance Francais last year, and i'm trying to pick up where I left off now.

Depending on your ability in French, mutual conversation/practice/exercises etc might well work better than a language exchange? Though if you're college level, you're likely ahead of me.

I'm currently not working and thus have time on my hands (as my prolific posting on Geo of late attests to)

Happy to go the PM route if you'd like to talk further?

Hi Sage,

My French was at college level but it was eons ago so our proficiency levels are probably more comparable than you think. I did spend three months living in Montreal last year so my French got a boost but is still nowhere near conversational.

If you're game, shoot me a PM and perhaps we can set something up?