Mandarin 4 friendship/biz widsom or Cantonese

Smile Mandarin 4 friendship/biz widsom or Cantonese

Hello,

I am Parker, a Boston-educated Chinese male, grew up in Beijing and lived in the US(NYC, SF, Washington)for past 10 yrs. I just moved to Kennedytown area in HK after a brief stinct in Shanghai.

I am bilingual(Mandarin/English),but without knowing any cantonese and hopefully , with your guidance, I could pick up some basic Cantonese phrase without feeling awkard while shopping in the local store.

In return, I could help with your Mandarin in anyway since it is my native tongue. Beyond that, I also look for new friends or friendship to engage thoughtful conversation, share positive life experience or China biz wisdom.

I am in my mid-30s, social, outgoing, reliable, have been to 21 countries already and worked for a American state's trade office in Shanghai last year.

Please send your message at [email protected] and I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by nycweb; 17-02-2009 at 01:35 PM.

you can read chinese right? watch TVB. they have chinese subtitles, you can pick up quickly. and then practice with your local friends/colleagues. it worked on my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia:
    you can read chinese right? watch TVB. they have chinese subtitles, you can pick up quickly. and then practice with your local friends/colleagues. it worked on my friends.

That is good suggestion. But, virtually, I have no idea regarding Cantonese pronunciation and tried to picked up a few phrases from the doorman and it failed already.....

got some self teaching stuff already, but I think guidance could make the learning process more quick and efficient.

To make more English-speaking friends through language exhange platform is also in my mind since I am new to HK.
    Last edited by nycweb; 17-02-2009 at 01:59 PM.

I did some on-line self-teaching on Cantonese pronunciation, quite helpful. So, I am on my own with Cantonese learning.

However, I still want to use this platform to meet with some sophisicated English- speaking business professionals and exchange China biz wisdom since I am a newcomer and want to get connected.

I am able to helping your flunency of Mandarin speaking skill. Ideally, you would be in the middle or advanced level of it.

Thanks for your attention. Get connected if you want at [email protected]

Last edited by nycweb; 18-02-2009 at 10:21 AM.

Hi Parker, this is Kenneth and I'm interested in helping you with Cantonese while you can help me speak Mandarin better.

I will email you later

Sure, I love to get connected with you, Ken. Look forward your phone call.

If you want to communicate with me, Please send a regular email and make self-troduction. Iprefer either phone conversation or face to face meeting rather than instant message or PM.

Thanks for attention.