language exchange with native Japanese

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Elloooooooo Well.....Guji = Gujarati.. . aap kaisi hai?

Quote Originally Posted by Dick_In_Peak:
    what is guji ??
    Gujarati I assume.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Why don't you all show up tonight for casual drinks at Schnurrbarts in LKF?

That way you'll get to meet each other and chat away in whatever language like nobody's business.....

ねねへ、
    こんにちは!お元気ですか。ユージンです。初めまして。よろしくお願いします。アメリカか来ました。私は中 文大学の研究社員です。去年の8月から今年の6月まで日本で(福井で)働きました。英語の先生でした。でも 。。。少し日本語話せます。しかし多くの日本語を学びたいです。お世話になります。

Hi Nene,
    How's it going? I would be very interested in meeting up with you to practice and trade languages and culture. I'm Chinese, but I was born and raised in the US, so we can chat in English too. I'm also (just) OK in Mandarin, so if you want to pick up some basics or some phrases, I can try to help you with that too.

I lived in Japan for a short time, but unfortunately, I didn't learn much of the language. But, I really enjoyed my time there, and I enjoy trying to speak Japanese.

If you are interested in meeting up, send me a PM. Thanks, and take care.

P.S. BTW, for the rest of you out there who are interested in learning Japanese, Anchor-HRM has a Japanese "club" that meets in their office once a week to just talk. It's free for anyone that speaks Japanese, and you even get a cup of tea. Topics are always fun and interesting, and you can meet a lot of other Japanese-speaking enthusiasts. Unfortunately, the meetings are given in Japanese (at normal speaking speed) so if you are not a good listener (i.e. if you haven't taken Japanese lessons for a year or 2, you might be lost... like I was). They meet in World Trade Center in CWB one Sat a month. If you're interested, just google "Anchor HRM" and "J-cafe" to get the DL. Cheers.

thanks! will take note

Thank you for the reply you guys. I am happy that I found so many ppl showed interst in Japanese language!
    Well, I got quite a few e-mails to my personal account as well that it is a bit hard to choose who I do language exchange with... I must say that I prefer meeting either during the daytime or early evenings if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nene:
    Hello I am a native Japanese speaking lady living in HK for a couple of years.
    Anyone who wants to improve oral skill of Japanese, shall we do language exchange with casual situation? (over a cup of coffee or drinks)
    I am fluent in English so it would be great to chat with people from English speaking countries.
    I also interested in Italian, Spanish, and French.
    Dear Nene,

My English is very fluent and I am a native French speaker. I will go to Japan in a month and would like to know the basics. I am doing hard home work so I can know Katagana and Hiragana before I go.
    I know already around 1000 Chinese characters. I was happy to see that they are the same as Japanese. I would be very happy to teach French.
    If you are interested my cell is 6476 8321

Kind regards,

Laurent

Bobby

Hi There,

I studied in the UK and am living in Hong Kong for the past 5 years. Have a keen interest in learning Japanese as I travel to Japan frequently.
    Would love to improve your English for you in return. Please advise if you are interested in meeting up and we can work out the modalities. Early evening would be just fine with me.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Nene:
    Hello I am a native Japanese speaking lady living in HK for a couple of years.
    Anyone who wants to improve oral skill of Japanese, shall we do language exchange with casual situation? (over a cup of coffee or drinks)
    I am fluent in English so it would be great to chat with people from English speaking countries.
    I also interested in Italian, Spanish, and French.
    Last edited by sanjiv; 09-05-2006 at 04:48 PM.

Learning various languages

I've been to Australia for a half year and met lots of friends from Japan, Korea, Germany and the UK. I am keen on learning different languages. If you guys are going to hang out, please let me know. I am looking forward to joining you!

I am a local and I speak some Japanese as well. Please let me know if you guys will have gathering.