Like Tree2Likes

Want to learn Bahasa Indonesia

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Want to learn Bahasa Indonesia

Hi, I have searched in vain to find courses in Bahasa Indonesia in Hong Kong. I took some lessons in Yogya but want to continue learning here.

Does anyone know of a formal program anywhere in Hong Kong?

Alternatively, I would like to hire a native speaker who knows how to teach the language for once-per-week lessons (training in teaching is essential).

toni sefriyanto likes this.

I'm interested in learning it too! Head down to Causeway Bay and practice. :P

Yes, there are plenty of Indonesians around willing to speak (and I try my best) but I haven't found anyone willing to teach.

Hopefully someone will chance upon this thread! Why are you interested in learning Bahasa Indonesia?

I hope so, too. Thanks. I am starting some research there so knowing the language is essential. Plus, I think the language and culture are beautiful.

Hi,

i would love to have a try.....i m indonesian chinese...will be moving to hk on oct.
    maybe can keep in touch for further discussion?
    mail me or pm me if u interested..and would love to know what have u learn already?

Hey Goldie, good luck. I was in the same boat a few years ago (had to do some researches in Indonesia and needed to learn bahasa quick) but couldn't find any native speaker who wanted to teach back then. I ended up getting lessons from a friend who studied bahasa in college.

Thanks all. It is surprising to me that with so many business people here working in SE Asia that there isn't an opportunity for classes here. I keep trying to convince the modern languages dept. at HKU but without success so far. Maybe in time.

I'm very interested in the culture myself. I'm also looking to start a business selling Indonesian products (not going to get too specific), so I'd definitely need some Bahasa Indonesia (if not some Sundanese) under my belt to do so, because the best prices are found in small towns. I have an Indonesian-Chinese friend here who could teach me, but she's just too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    I'm very interested in the culture myself. I'm also looking to start a business selling Indonesian products (not going to get too specific), so I'd definitely need some Bahasa Indonesia (if not some Sundanese) under my belt to do so, because the best prices are found in small towns. I have an Indonesian-Chinese friend here who could teach me, but she's just too busy.
    hi jay,
    i will teach u bahasa indonesia...if u are interested

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast