Like Tree1Likes

Language exchange - English Cantonese Mandarin Japanese

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Arrow Language exchange - English Cantonese Mandarin Japanese

Hello~

I'm a local HK girl.
    I always want to make friends from different countries.
    And also, I want to train up my languages.

As I was born in HK, I can speak fluent Cantonese.
    I've been learning English for many years in school education but don't have chances to practise it.
    Now, I am learning Mandarin and Japanese.
    Due to my job, I always have to speak Mandarin, so I can speak moderate Mandarin.
    For Japanese, I've been learning for nearly 2 years...just like English...no chance to use it.

I want to practise English and Japanese!!!
    I am serious in doing this and of course, I will be happy to be your friend as well.

Please contact me if you are interested.

regards,
    Vivian

Uncle Yabai likes this.

there seem to be heaps of the language exchange posts popping up...and with a wealth of languages that the geoexpat members have, maybe we should be thinking of organising some kind programme; like meeting a couple of hours each week, either at someones place or a quiet cafe, to have small tution groups, say eng/canto, eng/mandarin, eng/french, eng/japanese or along those lines...as english is our 'common' language...i know laughing_monkey and i would love to learn some canto...any suggestions...anyone else interested in something like this???

Yah...I agree!!!

I always believe that regular practice is the best way to learn languages...especially in the social life. If I can make friends with English/Japanese-speaking people living in HK, then it would be really great!! Cos' we can have all-around communication channals, like gatherings, phone conversation or net chat, easily...since we all live in HK~~ Then, languages can be improved much faster!

Props to the Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Tink:
    there seem to be heaps of the language exchange posts popping up...and with a wealth of languages that the geoexpat members have, maybe we should be thinking of organising some kind programme; like meeting a couple of hours each week, either at someones place or a quiet cafe, to have small tution groups, say eng/canto, eng/mandarin, eng/french, eng/japanese or along those lines...as english is our 'common' language...i know laughing_monkey and i would love to learn some canto...any suggestions...anyone else interested in something like this???
    This is too good an idea to let pass. Do we make a sign up and meet at Kowloon Park if there is enough interest? Is there a better spot? English for Canto/Mandarin is my interest. I'm sure there are many on both sides that would be into this...

i guess we wait for a few peeps to show interest...see where we all live and go with a spot thats most accessible to everyone...and also times....

there you go, if you want a part of this, say so, and note where and when is good for you..that way we can find the best compromise...

i am interested.. I speak English and Mandarin.. took 2 yrs of japanese, and here to learn Cantonese.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Tink:
    Count me in for eng/canto, eng/ mandarin, eng/french, eng/ dutch or whatever. But I have no knowledge about Japanese? Still applicable?

I'm up for this too!
    I want to improve my mandarin skills, I can speak fluent Eng and Canto.

I speak fluent mandarin and english, and would like to learn Cantonese....

I'm a native English speaker, OK mandarin (3 years in China), OK cantonese, some japanese.

I want to improve my business Cantonese, but hopefully from somebody who speaks Mandarin (I know the mandarin words, but not the Cantonese).
    In return you can practise English with me.

Any takers? I'll be in HK from 27th of November and would like to meet up. Otherwise we can all get together and just hang out and speak in multiple languages haha

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast