My Mandarin/Cantonese for your English (I am a Mandarin teacher)

Closed Thread

My Mandarin/Cantonese for your English (I am a Mandarin teacher)

I’m a registered Mandarin teacher of the Hong Kong Education Bureau. I am now teaching at a local school. I’ve passed the Language Proficiency Assessment Test for Putonghua teachers. I’m good at helping people to distinguish their pronunciation problems and improve their fluency.

I’m looking to improve my English through conversation with another native English speaker and I will exchange my knowledge in Mandarin in return. I’m quite fluent in English, but would like to learn more and hopefully can improve my pronunciation and intonation. We could do this over coffee.
    I’ve summarized my preferred time and locations for the meeting as below:

Date Time Places
    Tue around 4:30p.m Tsim Sha Tsui (TST)/ places near To Kwa Wan
    Wed around 4:30p.m Tsim Sha Tsui (TST)/ places near To Kwa Wan
    Thu around 4:30p.m Tsim Sha Tsui (TST)/ places near To Kwa Wan
    Fri around 5:00p.m. TST/ Tseung Kwan O
    Sat 11:00-2:00p.m. North Point/ places near Tseung Kwan O
    Sun 11:30-2:00p.m. North Point/places near Tseung Kwan O

Some information about me: I’m a local Hong Kong woman, under 30s, excellent in Cantonese and Mandarin, fluent in English.

If interested, pls send me a PM message.
    Thanks.
    Yan

Hi Yan,

I saw your post on the language exchange forum.

I would be interested to learn mandarin and in exchange I can teach you British English.

I am a British born Chinese who is currently living and working in Hong Kong - I relocated here from London, UK in November last year. I am 34 years old and can speak fluent Cantonese as well.

In terms of your stated date / time / places, the one which would be convenient for me is your availability on Sunday between 11:30 - 2:00pm around the North Point / Tseung Kwan O area.

If you are interested, please give me call on my mobile number 6386 9255 or you can contact me on MSN: [email protected]

Kind Regards

Peter Wong

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your message.

It’s great that you are okay for the Sunday
    session. Which location do you prefer? North Point or Tseung Kwan O? How about
    meeting next Sun (6th Jun)?

I’d like to practise the pronunciation and intonation
    of my oral English in order to make it sound more natural. Also, I hope that I
    can learn more about the grammatical structures and wider range of vocabulary
    in my spoken English.

How about you? Have you ever learnt
    Putonghua before? Which aspects of Putonghua that you would like to learn or
    improve? Can you read Chinese?

If interested, pls PM me, or drop me a line at [email protected]

Thank you very much.

Yan