Ani Ashekian - Have you seen this woman? (Missing person)

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I have one that I'm aware of, but as far as I know she lives in the US with her mother and, I suspect, a step-father, although I have no contact so I'm not sure.
    So what you are saying is that you have one child that is legally yours who you don't give a shit about.

There might be other kids around which you don't know about cuz their mothers prob. didn't want you to be involved, or you had no intention of being involved in their lives.

Classy!

Some catch you must be.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_By_Nature:
    So what you are saying is that you have one child that is legally yours
    No - she's illegitimate, which means she isn't legally mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown_By_Nature:
    who you don't give a shit about.
    It's rather more complicated than that. But I have no wish to be in the same continent as her mother, who is her only legal parent (unless she's been adopted by her mother's husband).

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    There is no time limit. People want closure, it's a natural instinct. It doesn't affect all but I would probably say a majority. You only have to look at the family of Keith Bennett, a victim of the Moors Murderers, who are still looking for his body 40 years later - and they knew what happened to him. In more recent times a girl who was missing for 18 years is found Kidnapped California girl found 18 years later | World | Reuters

If it was one of my children or family I'd never give up either.
    I totally agree about the closure part.
    That story is nuts I wonder how easy it would be for them to adapt back to normality.

given that brief background PDLM, I can more easily understand your 'move on' comment..you clearly have.

Had you fathered a child that you actually cared about, I have a feeling your answer would be quite different.

As none of us are privy to what happened to PDLM, the child's mother, and the child, let's stay out of it. It could even very well be that due to whatever happened, "moving on" was the only choice.
    Everybody handles difficult situations differently.

How very magnanimous. In which case PDLM should ‘stay out of’ this and confine his callous sentiments to his own case.

He's offered his view: Move on.
    Others have offered theirs: Pray and hope.
    Opinions are to be considered, taken or discarded, to be decided on by the receiving person.
    If this were my child, I would definitely be in the second group. I know grieving parents who are trying to move on. But I'm not going to assume because they are trying to piece their life together now that they didn't care about their child.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Her family will never give up hope.It has been months since Ani disappered.Today we hear of another girl found after 18 years
    Police: Calif. Girl Kidnapped in 1991 Found

Konijntje> the difference here is that there is no closure, since the girl in question is missing...grieving over a dead loved one and then moving forward is a natural, healthy form of healing; dismissing someone's efforts to gather information about their loved one's situation by saying 'she's either dead or doesn't want to be found...move on' is as Croc says, one of the more retarded posts of the year

but really, considering the source, is anyone surprised?

Last edited by timklip; 28-08-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kombuchakid:
    Her family will never give up hope.It has been months since Ani disappeared.Today we hear of another girl found after 18 years
    Yes, but in this case the step-father had, at least according to quotes I have read, moved on years ago, thereby not letting this mess up the rest of his life.

My question still stands: if someone you love just disappears, are you going to let this dominate the rest of your life or are you going to move on? If so, when or under what circumstances?

I'm not sure what the jurisdiction in her case is, but in most cases after a certain number of years she will be declared legally dead as well.
    Last edited by PDLM; 28-08-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast