a man is not a financial plan

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Was going to delete this thread, given the spam reports, but it seems to have taken a life of its own.
    too late

I've seen that thread Kostas, very amusing. I don't think that girl realizes how incredibly high maintenance and hard to please she sounds. Good luck attacting a guy with that vinegar!

What about the man as a financial plan? I've enjoyed working for him for about 15 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    I've seen that thread Kostas, very amusing. I don't think that girl realizes how incredibly high maintenance and hard to please she sounds. Good luck attacting a guy with that vinegar!
    A year ago yes she could of bagged a few but now? No chance in heck of that happening.

888 roses? She'd be lucky to get a dinner at Tsui Wah in this economic climate!

So should this tread turn into a series of the men telling their stories of how they got shredded?

I finally decided to leave my first after she accused me of not being tough enough with her about her shopping habits. I should have been putting my foot down more. Right, like I'm supposed to be your father? Problem sweety, everytime I brought it up, you threw a temper tantrum and stormed off. Ta-ta!

My ex actually had the nerve to call me up and ask for 2/3, instead of 1/2, even though every penny in the savings was mine. She spent all her money on herself, so much so that I was paying all the rent and utilities because she had none left every month, and she was about $5000 in debt to the credit card company.

When she bitched to her bestfriend that I was an asshole for not giving in to her demands and was taking advantage of her, the friend stopped talking to her, but she still emails me and visits when I am home in Canada.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    I finally decided to leave my first after she accused me of not being tough enough with her about her shopping habits. I should have been putting my foot down more.
    Sorry, but that is pathetic, playing the victim and blaming you for the choices she made. Has she found someone else to leech off?

Exactly Claire, thats when all the little red lights went off. Warning Warning, father figure alert, danger danger.

The story gets even better, as told to me by the bestfriend. After I told her I was out, she IMMEDIATELY moved in with another guy. Hmmm, co-dependant anyone? By that time I was working in the US and had a new, fully furnished apt there, and as she was "leeching off the new guy" we gave away ALL of our stuff in Canada.

Within a few months, she'd been fired from her job, as her stepdad the owner had retired and wasn't there to protect her anymore. Then shortly after that, I'm told, the boyfriend moved his new gf in and tossed her out! No job, no apt, no furniture.

Ah karma, it's a bitch ain't it?

Last edited by ReverendJay; 03-03-2009 at 10:57 AM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Reminds of a woman I met a few times who had married what she hoped would be a meal ticket and a passport. The guy owned his own company, office with a good address and flashed his money about.

After the "I do's", she realised the company didn't really do anything and the "office" was a desk he borrowed from his friend whose office it actually was. The guy had a drinking problem and the flashing money appeared when he was pissed.

I heard from a mutual acquaintance that his debtors caught up with him and they had to move to her home country. She found a job and had to support him as he lounged in a bar pissed as a fart and buying his "buddies" drinks. Sometimes it doesn't pay to not believe in divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    She found a job and had to support him as he lounged in a bar pissed as a fart and buying his "buddies" drinks. Sometimes it doesn't pay to not believe in divorce.
    "Turnabout is fairplay"

After millenia of the men taking care of the women, only fair we let women have their turn. Women want equal rights after all.

My personal maxim when a woman tells me her old fashioned views that "men should pay"...Ok sweety, since you think this is 1840 and men should pay for everything, how about we treat you in the same regard? Where is my dinner, why isn't the laundry done?

After millenia of the men taking care of the women, only fair we let women have their turn. Women want equal rights after all.

My personal maxim when a woman tells me her old fashioned views that "men should pay
    Ultimately it depends on where you are in the relationship stage.
    At the start then if the guy asks her out to dinner then of course he should pay.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast