a man is not a financial plan

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Fair point Shri, but statistically how often does that happen in relation to good dads? I know most men despise these little dicked shitheads, at least I certainly do. I can't understand how a man could turn his back on his own kids. But I would wager the number of dads that do take care of their kids exponentially far outweigh the scum that don't.

Going back to the original post, in todays day and age, why do some women still have this mentality that they need a man for security? I know some female bankers making a hell of a lot more than I do. I think its more about shifting perceptions than women learning to take control.

Sometimes I wonder where I live. Ok call me young or whatever, but never met any of all those people you are mentionning, and the few that appeared to be like that, I have simply ignored them....does not seem pretty hard to me.

I pay most of the things but that is considering I earn way more than she. She is happy to invite me from time to time to resto and all and I appreciate that she does. We both have interesting jobs, no huge spending habits (trips aside)....

Quote Originally Posted by LiorSade:
    a man is not a financial plan....
    [sigh] how true. While mentally reviewing my list of exes, half of them were moochers.

On household goods concerning the baby....if you really didn't want kids and she went along and poked holes in the condoms, you've got bigger issues than just paying for diapers. Surprising even that the couple has managed to stay together!

Shri, understand where you are coming from but that situation is but a decimal percentage of what happens all over the world.

Typical situation in a western country would be couple splits (for whatever reason), husband moves out, wife's lawyer accuses him of everything, wife gets kids, house, furniture and monthly payout. Husband struggles to get back on feet while wife still comes back for more. Kids get used a weapons at ex-wifes will, etc, etc. Not fun.

HK and expats here are a different kettle of fish - culture still rules in the courts here!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:

Or am I naive for thinking that only assholes run away with Asian women and leave their wives and that this is possible to spot in advance? Scary.
    Can't really say.

Friends of my family(few years back) share a similar story. They were happilly married for years (read 15+) in Europe, 2 kids, good career (him), she stopped working when they got kids.

All seemed well, the kids were already pretty old (12-16 if I recall) ....then one day he was sent to China for a big infrastructure project.

2 years assignement there.

Wife and kids could not follow since the place was rather remote, it was however a great career opportunity for him.

A year and half later they were divorced and he married a local....

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Moving: Yes he wanted the kid too but didn't see why he should pay for it. He used the analogy of bringing home a puppy... They did work it out as the wife dropped hints to the new grandparents-in-law.

Or am I naive for thinking that only assholes run away with Asian women and leave their wives and that this is possible to spot in advance? Scary.
    Seen this happen WAY too many times to conclude that the man is an arsehole or the woman is stupid to have married him in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Moving: Yes he wanted the kid too but didn't see why he should pay for it. He used the analogy of bringing home a puppy... They did work it out as the wife dropped hints to the new grandparents-in-law.
    oh, scrap what I said earlier....

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Seen this happen WAY too many times to conclude that the man is an arsehole or the woman is stupid to have married him in the first place.
    yes, but WHY is that? Do they hit their mid-life crisis here or is there just too much availability? (not talking about Wanchai here, but ladies who are not adverse to dating a married man)

Or, you just do what Hull and I did...marry the hot little Asian to start with

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast