Like Tree13Likes

Korean visa application

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying what HKDI stands for.

We are both Philippine passport holders.

It's extremely easy the last time I applied. And usually I need a visa to go absolutely anywhere on a Sri Lankan passport. I do have permanent residency though.

They make you write down the time you entered, 3:01 for me, and time you leave 3:04. Just sort of mocking you for how efficient they are in that it takes 3 minutes.

All I had to do was drop off my form, with printed tickets and copy of ID and they approved it immediately.

chuckster007, MsYram and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsYram:
    We are both Philippine passport holders.
    I assume you both are going to Korea for a Holiday (Tourist Visa), just fill in the application form and apply, I assume you both have jobs / salary slips / employment contract etc etc, just take everything with you
    shri and cloroxbleach like this.

Just called Korean Consulate. They say as per new rules, non-PR holders (of the 33 nationals listed) can apply for Tourist Visa in Korean Consulate in Hong Kong if he/she has been living in HK for >2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MsYram:
    Just called Korean Consulate. They say as per new rules, non-PR holders (of the 33 nationals listed) can apply for Tourist Visa in Korean Consulate in Hong Kong if he/she has been living in HK for >2 years.
    Hi there! Just wanted a follow up question. Were the consulate really strict about this rule? Did your husband (dependent) still able to apply for a visa even if he hasn’t stayed for at least 2 years now? Im currently facing the same situation as your husband. :/

Quote Originally Posted by kalel:
    Hi there! Just wanted a follow up question. Were the consulate really strict about this rule? Did your husband (dependent) still able to apply for a visa even if he hasn’t stayed for at least 2 years now? Im currently facing the same situation as your husband. :/
    We were able to get a visa for our helper who has been in HK for only 1.5 years but we wrote a letter explaining why we need her to join us on the trip and also a letter from our (self-owned) company backing her up financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    We were able to get a visa for our helper who has been in HK for only 1.5 years but we wrote a letter explaining why we need her to join us on the trip and also a letter from our (self-owned) company backing her up financially.
    Which reason did you stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkelberg:
    Which reason did you stage?
    We need her to take care of two young kids