Like Tree27Likes

Advice on Living in South Lantau

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Highly recommend the Gallery at Tong Fuk for excellent Steak!
    Yes. Although I do not eat steak ( as I am vegetarian) , my husband can recommend Dave's steak at Gallery. We lived in Tong Fuk so after a busy day at work, coming home, this was our local lazy dinner night take away. I actually miss living in TF. The only thing I do not miss are the rampant village dogs and people dumping their unwanted pets in our village. A few of the blue taxi drivers live in Tong Fuk, so around 6am, if you need a taxi to the airport, they will be there at the taxi stand. Many airport employees live in Tong Fuk so once you get to know their schedules, you can either get a lift with them ( many do motorbike it to the airport, though) or cab share.
    cpolly182 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cpolly182:
    thank you all so much. i have just rented a place in tong fuk. going to move soon! so far i have tried early morning on bus 11, it's quite full at 8am but i manage to stand on the bus thanks a lot everyone

Yes, it gets very crowded on the bus, but this is common on South Lantau on all bus routes. Residents have been campaigning for years to have more busses scheduled during peak hours. Enjoy TF. I was a resident for 5 and a half years and enjoyed living there. A lot of happy memories from our resident cobra to moving a hungry cow out of our neighbour's garden that jumped the fence, breaking part of the fence and a large pot plant and eating his veg while our neighbour was away.
    cpolly182 likes this.

Awesome! i am so glad to hear that you've had so much good memories in TF. Anticipating the fresh morning air with a good cup of coffee

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8