Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hullexile
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine

Private travel clinic in HK

Closed Thread

Private travel clinic in HK

I am travelling to a malaria zone for business and planned to get my anti-malarials from the government clinic as soon as I got my HKID (which I just received). Unfortunately they have no availability to see me until end of March which is after my trip.

Can anyone recommend a private travel clinic or point in the direction of which hospitals/private clinics offer anti-malarials? I know which one I need as I take them whenever I travel and it's a company expense so cost is less important than ability to see me in the next few weeks.

Thanks!

Where did you end up getting sorted for this? I'm looking to get a Hep A booster... I've been to a few GP clinics but I'd have to have a GP appointment first before they'd do it. I just need a private clinic that will do it on demand, if such a thing exists...

Quote Originally Posted by choicemountain:
    Where did you end up getting sorted for this? I'm looking to get a Hep A booster... I've been to a few GP clinics but I'd have to have a GP appointment first before they'd do it. I just need a private clinic that will do it on demand, if such a thing exists...
    Why not just make the GP appointment?
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Why not just make the GP appointment?
    Most local GP's don't seem to do appointments anyway - just turn up and wait.
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by choicemountain:
    You seem to be making this much more difficult than it needs to be. Just pop into your local GP. Make an appointment if necessary. Get the injection. Done, and cheap.