Like Tree26Likes

DH Visa Ukranian passport holder

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Nope - have not tried yet.
    She is still thinking of coming over on a Student Visa...
    In this case she'll need to legit pay for the course and attend classes. She will also need to prove that she's stable financially to pay for her studies and for her living expenses in HK for the full duration of her studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea addict:
    In this case she'll need to legit pay for the course and attend classes. She will also need to prove that she's stable financially to pay for her studies and for her living expenses in HK for the full duration of her studies.
    Oh and btw, you'll need to check whether or not student visa holders are allowed to work in HK because if they aren't then she can't do DH work for you, otherwise she'll have to risk and do it illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    answer from my gluttonous side : I have a tremendous need for some Ukrainian cooking in my household. Perogies and meat on a stick are not easy to find in this town.

serious answer : she possesses multiple degrees in languages and happens to be fluent in 5 different languages.
    2 of those languages are ones which I wish to have within my household so my kids can have more exposure to them.

I'm certain eventually she will either find a more rewarding work or go do some more academic stuff; hence my questions about changing the visa to something else. But for now, I would like to have her come and be part of our household.
    This is the first time I've seen a family treat a DH like a valued part of their household, hope everything works out for the both you

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    This is the first time I've seen a family treat a DH like a valued part of their household, hope everything works out for the both you
    There are plenty of other examples but still the minority.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4