Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By emx

Unlocking iPhone6Plus from USA (AT&T) in HK

Closed Thread

Unlocking iPhone6Plus from USA (AT&T) in HK

Hi, I want to continue using my iPhone6plus from USA.
    The carrier is AT&T and I should have unlocked it but I didn't get the code ;(

Is anyone using the unlocked iPhone in HK?
    Also, which carrier is recommended?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by hjgk:
    The carrier is AT&T and I should have unlocked it but I didn't get the code
    So contact At&T and get the code.
    imparanoic likes this.

You do the iPhone unlock request online through AT&T. They do it for pretty much anyone unless the phone is stolen.

Otherwise you go to Mongkok to get it unlocked and risk your internal components being switched out.

Quote Originally Posted by hjgk:
    Hi, I want to continue using my iPhone6plus from USA.
    The carrier is AT&T and I should have unlocked it but I didn't get the code ;(

Is anyone using the unlocked iPhone in HK?
    Also, which carrier is recommended?

Thanks in advance!
    I'm using a UK iPhone 6 plus locked to 02 network. Couldn't get 02 to unlock it since it needs to be done in the UK.

Went to a mobile phone shop a few months ago in North Point, guy manages to source out a small chip (same size as the nano sim) and inserted it with my normal HK nano sim card.

Phone works fine now with any HK sim as it managed to trick the phone into thinking I'm still using my existing 02 nano sim card. No problems connecting to iTunes etc.

Costs me HK$250, quick and easy. Shops in Wan Chai & Mong Kok are charging between HK$1500-4000 for an unlocking service.

Mind you, I cannot update the IOS while using the HK Sim. I need to input the UK sim, update then insert the HK sim with the chip after.

If you're happy with this, then it's definitely the cheapest way to go.

you can go here to try to submit a request.
    https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

if your phone purchased with a 2 yr contract through AT&T, then your chances of getting that accomplished is slim, but it doesn't hurt to try, worst case is they don't unlock it for you.