Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By himmer

employer refuses to issue the termination or release letter

Closed Thread

employer refuses to issue the termination or release letter

I'm staying in hk based on working visa issued by current company. However I decided to change employer after almost 3 years working for them. After submitting one month resignation notice I asked my boss to give me the termination or release letter so I can start change of employer process at the immigration. My boss refused.
    I submitted all the docs to the immigration except for the release letter, which I replaced with my resignation notice. However the officer didn't even accept my documents, saying that termination or release letter is a must.
    I still have to work at the old company for 3 weeks and was hoping to settle the immigration issue before hand.
    How can I force my old employer to issue termination or release letter or what can I replace it with so the immigration dept will accept my case?

Thank you for a quick and informative respond!
    Seems like there is no way to force my employer issue me the letter before my last working day. I did hope I can start the transfer at the immd before my last working day, but they refuse even though I promised to provide the letter afterwards

Is there the way to force my current employer to issue the termination of employment letter? Immigration refuses to accept my transfer of employment case without this letter.

I'm familiar with this form. However can this form being treated by immigration as termination letter (meaning if immd recognize is as I'm no longer employed by old company, can proceed for exchange of employer)?

Not that large. Say 50 people in total.
    Never imagined my boss can turn this way....

Ended up the immigration officer called my current employer (after endless attempts of new employer trying to explain about the termination letter situation).
    Going to submit my docs tomorrow. Yay

jrkob and emx like this.