Like Tree7Likes

Urgent work visa: what's the quickest processing time you've seen?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    Ask your employer to call the Chief Immigration Officer. If they have a good enough track record with the Immigration Department it will help.

Telephone Directory of the Government of the HKSAR And Related Organisations - Disclaimer

I have found I'm able to do things very quickly when I need to, but have always maintained a very good relationship with them and work for a well-established company. As shri said, that does factor in.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. Well the employer is not a large, established company and haven't dealt with Immd before. My guess is that despite making a case for urgency, we'd still be looking at a couple of weeks min.

Quote Originally Posted by Hk100:
    Thanks. Well there is a good case (Native English being a requirement for the job). However, the employer is not a big, established company. It'll be the first time they've ever done this.
    Honestly, that by itself is not a good case for urgency. Plenty of native english speakers available here in HK. They're available all over town with varying qualifications, permanent IDs / dependant visas and ready to start.

The thing that speeds up the process is economic impact if you cannot start on a particular date. (50 students will not be able to attend classes and 100s Ks will have to be refunded etc).

Go with a strong case and appeal to the IMMD if it is really all that important.

They're generally more sympathetic to westerners / "Native English Speakers".
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

I'm curious. What job are you applying for that is so urgent and that your primary case for urgency is native English? And with a firm that has no experience in handling work visa applications?

Hi DeletedUser, what immigration firm did your company retain to make your work visa application?

Using a consultant will.probably slow your application down. It certainly did for us.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes. Not chosen by me, I should add! We do all our own now, it's not hard.