Hong Kong - Shenzhen (Shekou Port) by Ferry

Closed Thread

Hong Kong - Shenzhen (Shekou Port) by Ferry

If you want to take the Hong Kong - Shenzhen (Shekou Port) by Ferry between the Sheung Wan Ferry Terminal and Shekou Port, can you just buy tickets before departure of the service? How long do you need to give this in advance?

Thanks

Shekou Ferry Terminal Services Co.,Ltd

I think you can simply go to the counter and buy a ticket. Do that well before the departure, there is also immigration before you board. And make sure you have a visa for China.

How long before any departure from the Macau ferry terminal should one allow? Ie for boats to Macau and shekou

I remember making it in 10 Minutes with ticket in hand. But not knowing when there is immigration rush-hour I would give it 1 hour.

For Macau, these days even early morning weekday boats are often sold out, so I'd buy at least the day before unless I really want to hang around the ferry terminal for an hour or more.

No idea about the queues for mainland ferries these days.

Assuming you don't have luggage to check in, and do have HKID, then you can use the electronic gates at immigration; little or no delay, so 15 minutes should be fine after you have ticket in hand.