Language exchange (New territories) Mandarin/ Cantonese for English

Closed Thread

Language exchange (New territories) Mandarin/ Cantonese for English

We would like to meet someone willing to do a language exchange with us. We recently moved to Hong Kong from Cape Town, South Africa.

We can offer our English language in exchange for Mandarin or Cantonese.

We would like to make this a fun meetup where we go hiking, surfing or meetup in parks or at coffee shops. :-) We would also love to learn more about the culture and traditions.

We are staying in the New territories so wouldn't want to travel too far.
    This meetup can happen once every second week or as regularly as it can.

Hello, Mariska,

My name is Ophelia. Welcome to Hong Kong. I am a native Mandarin speaker but I don’t speak Cantonese. I speak okay but not fluent English. I was looking for a language exchange partner and I was quite excited when I saw your post. I live in Tseung Kwan O, New Territories. Not sure if that is close to you. Do you think we might be able to discuss how, when, and where we do the language exchange over Skype first? Or if we don’t live too far away from each other, perhaps we can meet to have a cup of coffee and discuss how we do the language exchange. Look forward to hearing from you soon J

Hello Mariska , I speaks English / mandarin / Cantonese and live near SAI Kong . Move here for 10 years. I have a 8years old son. Pm me if you wanna have a cup of coffee.

Hi Mariska

I speak both Cantonese & mandarin, interested in joining your group. count me in if there's any activities, I live in Tai Po.
    Best
    Viann

Hi Mariska,

This is Shirley. I speak both Cantonese and mandarian, and live in Tseung Kwan O.
    If you don't mind, I would like to be your language partner. We can have a causal talk if you are available. Thanks.

Regards,
    Shirley

Hi Guys,

Im a native english also speak fluent canto, mandarin is the tricky one so i'd like a bit more practice on that. Suggested things by Mariska sound really fun and original for a language exchange. Would love to join you guys