Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jimbo
  • 1 Post By GeoTommy
  • 1 Post By Cho-man

HSBC Asia Chief's House Robbed -

Closed Thread

HSBC Asia Chief's House Robbed -

Blame it on the mainlanders.

Needless to say, pretty shoddy state of affairs, given the security that should really surround these places / people. (I would assume he would have a fair bit of commercially sensitive info at home).

From the SCMP:

HSBC Asia-Pacific chief executive Peter Wong Tung-shun became the latest victim in a string of break-ins in Hong Kong after his luxury house on The Peak was burgled last night.

An initial investigation showed eight watches and jewellery worth a total of HK$2.45 million was stolen from Wong’s Middle Gap Road residence, police said.

Burglars steal watches and jewellery worth HK$2.45m from HSBC Asia chief’s luxury Hong Kong house on The Peak | South China Morning Post

a pissed off former employee perhaps for cutting staff numbers in Asia when this side has been carrying the bank over the last few years /

a pissed off former customer for bad service offered here ?

Burglary.. robbery.. kidnapping...
    seems like more and more of this news in HK in the last few years. so sad

H

Quote Originally Posted by rakedavids:
    a pissed off former employee perhaps for cutting staff numbers in Asia when this side has been carrying the bank over the last few years /

a pissed off former customer for bad service offered here ?
    That narrows it down to a few hundred thousand lol
    bookblogger likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    H

That narrows it down to a few hundred thousand lol
    In Hong Kong alone...

Wow, lots of bad news these days

Quote Originally Posted by emilyli:
    Wow, lots of bad news these days
    The media is in the business to provide bad news. That's the name of the game. I mean sure, every now and then you will hear some good news. Some breakthrough in political relations or peace treaty of that sort. But in general, the media thrives on negative news. You should be more worried if it is only good news all the time. Because that is what authoritarian states do with propaganda.

So, we should look at things in context, the reality may not always be as bad as they say. My wife told me there was actually a robbery and kidnaping spree in HK back in the 80's and 90's. It was definitely worse than now. This died down in the 00's. What we see now is probably nowhere as bad as it was back then.

As for this particular robbery, I have a hunch it could indeed be an "inside job".
    Last edited by Cho-man; 12-10-2015 at 03:36 PM.
    ttcookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Blame it on the mainlanders.
    Police have arrested a 24-year-old mainlander who is suspected to be one of the four burglars who broke into the Peak mansion of HSBC's Asia-Pacific deputy chairman on Sunday.
    Peak mansion burglary suspect held in Ma On Shan - The Standard
    Rob2020 likes this.