Metro Harbour View - anyone there? how's the commute in the morning?

Closed Thread

Metro Harbour View - anyone there? how's the commute in the morning?

For those who live or have lived in Metro Harbour View (near olympic):

How long is the average lineup for the minibuses outside during the morning rush (8am to 9am)? How long do you have to wait to get on?

When I visit the apartment in the afternoon, theres no lineup and always buses waiting...but wondering about the average morning hour rush.

thanks

I live around there. I actually dont take the 12B minibus that goes to Mong Kok East so cannot comment on that directly. But I take the 3 minibus which is a few streets away and goes to TST. In morning around 8:30am is the busiest and there can be long lines and need to wait for 3 or 4 buses, but they generally come every few minutes so usually no more than a 10-15 minute wait. There's also a ton of other buses and minibuses around, depending on where you are headed. Also in this cooler weather its only about a 10 minute walk to prince edward or Nam Cheong MTR, or about 15 minutes to Olympic. Not in the summer months, but other times its OK.

I used to take the 12B as part of my daily commute. Frequency during rush hour is pretty good so on average you won't be waiting more than 5 -10 minutes or so.

ok thanks,

how bad is the average commute during rush hour in terms of traffic? (ie. how many minutes does it take to go from Metro Harbour to MK station?)
    During the afternoon, it averages 5-7minutes to MK.

Traffic is not that bad. Its about the same 5-7 minutes to MK any time of the day. Its not a long distance and the bus goes through side streets that are generally not affected too much by traffic. If anything, the last part of the bus ride from MK to MK East maybe suffers from a bit of traffic and you may get a bit stuck there, but if you are going the first part of the ride from MHV to MK then its generally a good run any time of the day.

Actually bigger concern for you will probably be the evenings if you are trying to get home from MK back to MHV. Since the bus doesnt start in MK, trying to get on it in the middle of the route can be frustrating. You can be standing at the bus stop in MK watching bus after bus whiz by without stopping because they are already full. You will have to get on at MK east.