Like Tree76Likes

Expose on the drug trade in Lan Kwai Fong

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Its a fact that when I first came here, there was no where near as many open drug dealers hanging around LKF.
    Hmm. Are the two things connected?
    Open Casket and j r like this.

Some things don't change. In all the years I've been in Hong Kong, there have always been drugs available - in Wanchai, in Tsim Sha Tsui, in Central and other places. And it always the street level dealers that are caught (perhaps when they become too visible?), and very rarely anyone higher up the ladder (unless they upset someone important?).

flameproof likes this.

Those Gambians are cunning buggers, taking Chinese names.

Stu79, Nep, Open Casket and 2 others like this.

It's even worse than that.

WHO warns about meat consumption as it might cause cancer. Who will take them serious when it comes
    to fighting alc and tobacco ? Shoot da foot

Last edited by Morrison; 30-11-2015 at 11:52 PM.

Does smuggling cigs fall under trafficking ?

Quote Originally Posted by henkka:
    Clearly a very significant part of the HK Police are idiots or have their priorities wrong.

Occupy was just a bunch of high school kids allegedly participating in illegal assembly(for which I think none have been prosecuted so far,or?). And in LKF they got a bunch of organised crime syndicates selling drugs and engaging in who knows what illegal activities.

And, what does the HK Police think is the appropriate allocation resources? They decide to pour all their resources in to policing the high school kids, with the consequence that the crime syndicates can run free in LKF.

Its probable that what happened in LKF happened elsewhere in HK as well, i.e. there was a uptick in crime because the cops were all down in admiralty babysitting some kids.
    Drug dealers idly awaiting patrons in LKF to sell drugs to versus thousands of protesters who effectively shut down multiple large commercial areas of the city. Who's priorities are wrong?

I could easily avoid the drug dealers go about my ways. I can't say the same for the OC protests.

Quote Originally Posted by wayland:
    Drug dealers idly awaiting patrons in LKF to sell drugs to versus thousands of protesters who effectively shut down multiple large commercial areas of the city. Who's priorities are wrong?

I could easily avoid the drug dealers go about my ways. I can't say the same for the OC protests.
    So you'd rather protect the (non) rights of dealers to sell their (illegal) wares than for people to express their opinions?

Interesting priorities there
    Stu79, TheBrit and bookblogger like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    So you'd rather protect the (non) rights of dealers to sell their (illegal) wares than for people to express their opinions?

Interesting priorities there
    Nowhere did I suggest "protecting" them. Check your definition of priority.

I'd certainly say the potential problems arising from thousands of protesters congregating in one place, along side others who are against those protesters, is more worthy and in need of police attention than a few low level dealers in LKF.

wayland likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6