Like Tree24Likes

Unotelly

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Original Post Deleted
    But I can't get goggle chromecast to work with it - I understand the chromecast dns is hard wired

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    But I can't get goggle chromecast to work with it - I understand the chromecast dns is hard wired
    I managed to get my DNS supplier, Unlocator, to work with chromecast. It's a very tricky process but it is possible. It requires updating firmware on your router.
    dossier likes this.

Lately, the Unotelly needs to update the IP address quite often. We set the DNS on the router and it does setup with Dynamic IP. Unotelly offers many different ways to update the IP address automatically, but is it easier just simply set the router using Static IP? We are using PCCW and is there any concerns to use Static IP?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The (Hong Kong) Unotelly DNS wasn't working last night.

Original Post Deleted
    Couldn't access Wifi (home) at all until I reset the DNS back to the non-Unotelly one. Did IP update through the Unotelly app but nothing happened.

Claire - I had the same experience as you last night - Unotelly HK DNS stopped working around 10:45. I also was not able to access the internet over wifi from devices where the DNS had been changed. I changed the DNS to the Singapore one and it worked fine. I tried the HK one this morning and everything is fine again. I raised a helpticket with unotelly and also sent them a tweet to which they replied and said they were on the case and obviously fixed it - no idea what the problem was!!

Claire ex-ax likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I have also now setup the Singapore one as my secondary DNS to avoid this kind of issue in the future
    TheBrit and Claire ex-ax like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Thanks. Going have to see about doing that!
    TheBrit likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5