Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SalseroHK
  • 1 Post By SalseroHK
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By lingc

Borderlinx now shipping from Germany!

Closed Thread

Borderlinx now shipping from Germany!

You can now shop online in Germany and ship to HK.

That is awesome as one can take advantage of low Euro and some stuff is just not available in Hong Kong (e.g., caffeine tablets).

I will try this out soon.

Buy in Germany and ship to United States with Borderlinx

wtbhotia likes this.

Pain the arse website .. but these guys have reasonable rates and I noticed they have Hessen / DE as one of their warehouses they ship from.

https://www.usadirecthk.com/en/calculator.php

SalseroHK likes this.

Borderlinx Sounds great but it ships to the Germany address and then to the UK address... Do you end up paying for that transfer too?

If I buy electronics in Germany, how does the warranty work? Wouldn't I have to live in Germany in order to have the manufacturer can honor the warranty? Or does Borderlinx provide this service?

Quote Originally Posted by lingc:
    Borderlinx Sounds great but it ships to the Germany address and then to the UK address... Do you end up paying for that transfer too?
    Sorry where did you get that info that they ship via UK? Doesn't make much sense (especially as the Germany warehouse is just besides Frankfurt airport which has many connections to HK).
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    If I buy electronics in Germany, how does the warranty work? Wouldn't I have to live in Germany in order to have the manufacturer can honor the warranty? Or does Borderlinx provide this service?
    Of course if you buy through borderlinx they will charter a jet and sent a repairman. That's the least they can do, right?

Anyway, crap aside, I think you don't get VAT refund when you buy via linx as they delivery address is in Germany - and I doubt BL will go through the export customs declaration. If the amount a 'good' it will most likely be cheaper to buy direct from the seller, and get the refund.

PS: Their shipping rate calculator doesn't seem to work.
    Last edited by flameproof; 02-12-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SalseroHK:
    Sorry where did you get that info that they ship via UK? Doesn't make much sense (especially as the Germany warehouse is just besides Frankfurt airport which has many connections to HK).
    Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1449074848.030247.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  46.0 KB

Per their website
    wtbhotia likes this.

Works well (not shipping via UK per DHL tracking) but very expensive. Often only the express option is available which makes it even more expensive. Any similar services that ship from Germany?