Xiaomi / Redmi 3

Closed Thread

Xiaomi / Redmi 3

Have to admit, I always looked down on those China phones. Then got a got a Meizu 2, and have to admit for HK$929 it's a really good phone. My Nexus 5 costs 3 times that prices, but can't say it's 3 times better.

Anyway, Meizu 2 is good, a bit cheap plastic, still ok. But NOW Xiaomi/Hongmi put a nice metal phone on the market for RMB 699 (with stock Android it would be a killer!) >

红米手机 3 - 小米手机官网

Yes, Redmi 3 looks very promising. I would like to see some camera samples though, since many of these cheap phones have terrible cameras.

Another one with excellent reviews is the Blu Life One X, which is only available on Amazon right now (recently $99 US). But since it must be made in China it has to show up on taobao eventually.

BLU Life One X (2016) - Full phone specifications

I was at the Xiaomi Mi store in Mong Kok yesterday to pick up the piston 3 earphones, out of stock so got the HD pro instead, really, really good for 129.00.

My wife has been wanting a cheap phone to use only on her weekly China trips and picked up the Note 2, I'm impressed for 1099.00 including 10,000 Mah power bank. I will be Definitely considering it when my iPhone5 gives up the ghost and I'll be running it through some tests but from what I've done with it it seems a worthy replacement.

Xiaomi does come across as doing things a bit different than other Chinese manufacturers and I hope that it pays off for them. Selling something for less than it's worth might not be their long term goal but for now I'm on board.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

I had the Xiaomi Redmi for about 2 years and it was awesome value for money...the only niggle was that the screen would sometimes switch off in calls meaning you couldn't press numbers on automated systems...it was a known bus and the various online solutions worked a bit but it eventually got so bad I couldn't bear it and binned the thing...

This time I went for a Windows Phone...a shade over $2000...I'm very impressed and doubt I'll ever go back.

The Xiaomi / Redmi 3 hasn't yet arrived officially in HK, but you can buy them in Sintat in Mongkok with the usually 'rare' margin for $ 1199-1299. I believe it will be below 1000 when it's out here offcially.

And be aware, they are grey China imports, so no any google services, and I am not sure how easy it is to install them. But plenty of bloatware I presume...
    @monomono
    No idea about the camera. The one on my Meizu M2 is 'ok', not more, not less. Certainly not great. But for that price class OK I guess.