View Poll Results: What annoys you most about the mass of low quality tourists?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Causing 502 - Bad Gateways

2 7.41%
  • Closing titillating book shops

1 3.70%
  • Speaking rudely to shop staff

3 11.11%
  • Spitting on the street

6 22.22%
  • Cutting in front of the queue

11 40.74%
  • Eating on the MTR

1 3.70%
  • Defecating in public

18 66.67%
  • Having sex in a bus shelter in the wee hours

2 7.41%
  • Smoking where they shouldn't

7 25.93%
  • Just looking scruffy

2 7.41%
  • Clogging up the system smuggling

4 14.81%
  • Or something else

5 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree52Likes

Which do you find the most offensive?

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    Well I just finished reading all 8 pages of this and I find the most offensive thing is the OP. There doesn't seem to be an option for that.
    Apologies if I have offended you but the unequal application of the law depending on your passport is eroding the rule of law in Hong Kong. If the tourist defecating on the streets were from Africa it would be hard to imagine they would be ignored. Un-hygienic spitting and smoking have increased significantly in areas popular with mainland tourists yet the Food and Environmental Health Department seem focussed on other targets.

Condoning the video vigilantes is perhaps difficult especially when innocent young kids are involved, but the children are not the target it is the in-action of the government and mainland government in focussing on low quality tourists (HK used to be a premium destination - No longer) and not taking any action (unless its students having sex at 4:00AM - they were traced back to their hometowns very quickly).

What sparked my rant at the Hong Kong Government's inaction and selective application of the law?

Almost certainly if a local, or non-mainland tourist had treating animals with such cruelty action would be taken.

http://www.legislation.gov.hk/blis_p...P_169_e_b5.pdf
    Last edited by East_coast; 09-02-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dashwood:
    I actually agree with si0001...

The OP was offensive. It doesn't bother me that it was posted, just that it doesn't seem to attract the same criticism that similar, less aggressive posts, that are about religion attract...

Some groups are off limits I'm afraid...but we knew that already, didn't we.
    I agree with your sentence, no doubt. If we started a poll asking what is the worst aspects of Sharia Law,it would get closed down immediately. And the misogyny and abuse towards women is far worse due to Islamic - Sharia beliefs than any mainlander shitting in the street.
    Lord Dashwood and Skyhook like this.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8