Like Tree10Likes

Palm Springs/Fairview Park - Yuen Long

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    OK so slightly above an hour (time you walk from your home to the bus stop, board, get off, walk to your office). Thanks!
    You can rent a house with a garden and off street parking there for under 30k...if you could find it on the island it would be triple that...

You do the math...some people might think that extra 30 minutes commute would make a lot of financial sense....

What I liked about Fairview Park was that it felt "normal". Just like a normal town or suburb in the UK. Houses, gardens, roads... all low rise.. really liked the feel of the place. I would consider it if we move. It IS very remote though, but the shuttle buses are very good according to my friend. She has a car but does not use it (the battery repeatedly goes flat because of that!)

Lord Dashwood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dashwood:
    You can rent a house with a garden and off street parking there for under 30k...if you could find it on the island it would be triple that...

You do the math...some people might think that extra 30 minutes commute would make a lot of financial sense....
    Ah but you read me totally wrong (surprising...)

Did I say it was bad?

I only said, OK thanks so it takes an hour (because people usually forget to factor walking and waiting time when they quote). There was no moral judgment in my post....

FWIW to you ..I have lived 3 years in Aegan Coast, so I know a thing or two about buses and commuting time to Central/Admiralty....

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Ah but you read me totally wrong (surprising...)

Did I say it was bad?

I only said, OK thanks so it takes an hour (because people usually forget to factor walking and waiting time when they quote). There was no moral judgment in my post....

FWIW to you ..I have lived 3 years in Aegan Coast, so I know a thing or two about buses and commuting time to Central/Admiralty....
    The slight difference with Fairview park is that it's pretty much on the freeway - from freeway to gate has to be less than a km and not a slow road either. And they have access to the tunnel south, so even though they are technically further away than Tuen Mun, they just go straight down the middle (more or less) to get there. I can't recall how long my friend says it took.

However - that also depends on the walking/internal shuttle bus distance to the main Fairview park bus terminal .... because it's a horizontal rather than a vertical layout, some people are a LONG way from the bus terminal. (And some probably on top of it). So that walking / transit time could be more relevant and worth investigation. I think my friend said that took her about 10 minutes but she was an early resident and fairly centrally located.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    The slight difference with Fairview park is that it's pretty much on the freeway - from freeway to gate has to be less than a km and not a slow road either. And they have access to the tunnel south, so even though they are technically further away than Tuen Mun, they just go straight down the middle (more or less) to get there. I can't recall how long my friend says it took.

However - that also depends on the walking/internal shuttle bus distance to the main Fairview park bus terminal .... because it's a horizontal rather than a vertical layout, some people are a LONG way from the bus terminal. (And some probably on top of it). So that walking / transit time could be more relevant and worth investigation. I think my friend said that took her about 10 minutes but she was an early resident and fairly centrally located.
    Yes and unless you are extremely lucky you need to walk on the other side as well to your office

I mean why is it such an issue when someone says it takes 45/50 to say, oh well then in reality it should be about an hour since you need to factor all these small things.

IT IS NOT a big deal people, it's just being slightly more realistic.