Like Tree33Likes

Hong Kongers must behave

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Tiger:
    important sectors of the community - retail and hospitality - are asking the CE to restore multiple entry and increase the number of cities enjoying the visas. Now you can sit back and cool off.
    Important sectors to the community or important sectors in LegCo?

Ramming through more tourists will keep a couple of rotten boroughs onside but is not good for the long term term development of the city.

It seems you are suggesting getting more low end tourists is the right thing to do for the CCP rather than for Hong Kong.

You and many others are losing your way altogether. I am saying tourists come in all kinds and you cannot choose them - don't make me laugh about targeting one group or type - explain how. More importantly, no one, not you in any of your own countries will put up with the barbaric behaviour of the anti-parallel traders who hit out at all, even locals are mistaken on occasion and berated, chased and had their bags kicked. Yet here you seem ready to accept that a free for all is fine and think the nub of the discussion is rich or poor tourists.
    That article is about the CE under pressure to talk to China to relax the once-a-week rule and increase the number of cities in the individual visitors scheme. I am saying he is bound to have to address the possible repetition of these attacks. He is therefore right to sound a warning about the this type of hooliganism.

Yellow Tiger, are you a Quisling or a Fifth Columnist? Please satisfy my curiosity.

Answer Key: Quisling if you were born in Hong Kong. Fifth Columnist if you came here on a one-way permit or something similar.

don't make me laugh about targeting one group or type - explain how.
    Let me google that for you

no one, not you in any of your own countries will put up with the barbaric behaviour of the anti-parallel traders who hit out at all, even locals are mistaken on occasion and berated, chased and had their bags kicked.
    There have been relatively very few incidents and a few were played ad nauseum on mainland TV to demonise Hong Kong. Very few Hong Kongers condone physically intimidating behaviour. The rent-a-mob on Nathan Road today seemed just as bad but more organised.

That article is about the CE under pressure to talk to China to relax the once-a-week rule and increase the number of cities in the individual visitors scheme. I am saying he is bound to have to address the possible repetition of these attacks. He is therefore right to sound a warning about the this type of hooliganism.
    The CE is under pressure from a small vested interested who are using the Legco power to get what they want at the expense of society as a whole.

We've gone round and round without any sign of convergence or useful conversation - its been mostly emotional, rude and use of foul language in wild outbursts. They cannot in any way be described as insights or thoughtful comments.

I will not respond any any more to this thread. Thank you.

We've gone round and round without any sign of convergence or useful conversation - its been mostly emotional, rude and use of foul language in wild outbursts. They cannot in any way be described as insights or thoughtful comments.

I will not respond any any more to this thread. Thank you.
    I think the appropriate English expression is "Bothered?"