Access point

Closed Thread

Access point

Trying to make my TP-Link nano wifi router work. The tiny device has one WAN/LAP port only. Connected with Netvigator's box, as router works but not as access point. I.e. is on a different sub-network and can't push pics from iPhone to the TV and (worst) access NAS from the computer. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Last edited by wuming; 03-05-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Are you talking about two devices or one?

Sounds like you need a proper WiFi router with 4ports and not a nano?

Xiaomi also has a 6TB WiFi router. Haven't tried but seems cool. Their WiFi extenders work like magic!

Two routers. Have the stock Netvigator router. Wanted to add WiFi access point on top. Unfortunately is working only as second router. Now have two sub-networks, one of them with TV and NAS the other one with WiFi. Would like to merge them.

Quote Originally Posted by wuming:
    Two routers. Have the stock Netvigator router. Wanted to add WiFi access point on top. Unfortunately is working only as second router. Now have two sub-networks, one of them with TV and NAS the other one with WiFi. Would like to merge them.
    Refer the manual to setup the router in AP mode rather than router mode? AP mode will not have DHCP server and you need to set the ip Address manually.

I did. AP setup is quite straightforward. Unfortunately can't acquire the IP. And because don't have / know how to access Netvigator's router admin page don't know what is going on.