Like Tree17Likes

Wrong interpretation of advertisement in hk

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Ooh, I saw that one. I was really puzzled about it and couldn't figure out what the flyer was for, so had to ask someone.

The poo costume also looked like it would be very uncomfortable to wear.

Attachment 69108
    Laxatives, for constipation

Original Post Deleted
    The level of job satisfaction from walking around the streets as a pile of pink shit must be so high. Not sure which feeling is greater, admiration for being that determined to do any job or pity. I bet on her CV that goes down as extensive PR or marketing experience.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes. I had this same conversation with a colleague, we both thought it looked like a shit but we both thought it must be a really poor costume for a cupcake or something. Then we got handed a leaflet that said "POO" on it in big letters. We then got our colleague to translate it and it was indeed a leaflet about pink crap.

Still not as weird as this though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYWhdLO43Q
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:
    I dont know why, but this is cracking me up. I cant stop giggling like an idiot!
    Yep, good digestion in HK females will produce a pink turd! THAT is funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    You didn't see the poor soul they had in the costume. She was doing her best to hide her face but I caould see she was on the verge of tears.
    And all she wanted be was an actress. Enough to put me off soft serve ice-cream.

[QUOTE=imparanoic;3424540]The advert agency, creator (from hk labour union political party) should be leave his /her job /be sacked , the advert is trying to promote mandatory parental leave for fathers BUT without looking the words in Chinese, appears to promote single sex /gay parents without realising it.

Classic case of dodgy advertising or without researching your advertising image, especially without no English translation which could leave non Chinese reading community confusedAttachment 69104[/QUOTE

That can't be real or is the maid not in the frame? What will the father do if the baby starts crying? Surely he is not expected to look after his own kid?

the union of labour and other pro Peking political party don't care too much about their PR and image, they release those advertisement in order to spend some of their huge donations , even they do nothing, they can still get their votes and win the election