Like Tree20Likes

The Die Hard Problem

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I was once temporarily for an outrageous post for which I apologised.
    Did you not post under another name before too ?
    Not sure why but seem to recall this. Probably not banned but changed name at least. not sure why I seem to recall this. Might be wrong of course.

I have to say tho, I always chuckle when TB has a go at people beiong banned or changing name given he has been on the receiving hand quite a few times (me too, re temp ban, no name change tho) but at least I shut my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Did you not post under another name before too ?
    Not sure why but seem to recall this. Probably not banned but changed name at least. not sure why I seem to recall this. Might be wrong of course.

I have to say tho, I always chuckle when TB has a go at people beiong banned or changing name given he has been on the receiving hand quite a few times (me too, re temp ban, no name change tho) but at least I shut my mouth
    Once, for a couple of months (I just checked) though I can't for the life of me remember why.
    Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    just on top of my head:

Lord Dashwood had 5 I can remember
    Watercooler had 5 I can remember
    Hull on his 2nr or 3rd - cant recall
    TB is on his second one
    Open Casket is on his second one
    HK_Katherine is on the second one
    Mat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nagernager:
    HK_Katherine is on the second one
    What did Katherine do? She's usually the voice of reason on most threads.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbf:
    What did Katherine do? She's usually the voice of reason on most threads.
    Don't be so nosy la.

The username I had when I first arrived, I wasn't banned, I changed it by choice from BE (my wife has a username too...she hasn't used it for ages but I still won't mention it...some of you remember it maybe.) to INXS...I actually messaged most regulars that I give a shit about to let them know...GeoSteve came along...and to be honest, he made the bans seem like a joke in my opinion...further, he was obviously biased against any views that didn't align with his political stance...I know why that is, some of you might not...anyway...the crusade that Luckycat started against me as BE carried on and for years he has been able to get away with saying extremely nasty things that would have got me a ban in 5 minutes...deeply personal attacks...he's on at least his third username but still playing the pious do-gooder, claiming to have learnt his lesson while attacking me and my family, even my dog with impunity. When GeoSteve banned INXS I considered it to be completely unjustified given the context at the time...and I rapid fired a few new usernames...did I seriously try to hide the fact that it was me? Enderman and now Lord Dashwood...I haven't tried to hide it...I don't even use a VPN...a few members have incorrectly guessed that I am the same person as some other posters...that's their problem.

I like to talk about controversial subjects...it's interesting, some posters agree with me, some don't...there are some particular posters who either don't notice that there are posters agreeing with me or can't accept it...I've put the loudest three on my ignore list...it's a shame, two of them seem like nice people and sometimes post interesting stuff...

The quote feature means that we sometimes see what people have written who are on our ignore lists...so I can see certain people are still very angry...I invite them to use the ignore feature and move on.

For everyone else...I'm really sorry if I've caused any offence...it's not my intention...my intention is wring out some of these topical issues....a web forum seems like the safe place to do it....

By and large, the jumping on of noobs. has more or less stopped and there don't seem to be any apple&dogs....

For my part...I will not be responding to any b.s. from certain posters...and for the record, I find terms like 'hate speech', 'racist' and so on offensive....In my opinion, people who use such terms should be asked to provide evidence or withdraw....these kind of attacks are what keep more moderate voices away from threads...Look at merchantmum's contribution on the transgender thread...she absolutely disagreed with me and was obviously held her vews strongly...she is capable of having a healthy debate. Others are not...

And, for the record, calling someone a leftard, or an idiot is not equal to calling someone a 'racist', dragging their family/personal life into a debate or calling for censorship when someone disagrees with you.

Bloody hell, we're all grown ups here.

Said my piece....good luck everyone.

Open Casket likes this.